• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

The Dead Poast

Started by scuzzy, May 16, 2004, 11:17 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Nestor

Since Lud is fresh out from Dante's Inferno, it must be in Michiana.
AMD 3200+ KT-6 Delta, 120GB WD HDD, 160GB WD HDD, (4) 300GB Seagate SATA HDD NVidia 6800FX (256MB) 1GB PC3200 Mushkin RAM

Ace

Which level of He*k?  Most of Michiana is 5 or lower, I think.  

Probably some Cruddites in Mishawaka.  Let alone Osceola.  Which I pretty much leave alone.

Ace; you learn a lot of Geography at Poasters.  Or Geology.  Whichever one deals with triangles.  
Ring bells for service.

Nestor

Duder, I read Inferno a Looooooooong time ago. couldn't tellya.
AMD 3200+ KT-6 Delta, 120GB WD HDD, 160GB WD HDD, (4) 300GB Seagate SATA HDD NVidia 6800FX (256MB) 1GB PC3200 Mushkin RAM

Ace

Well, that's not going to cut it.

Look; you read the thing, albeit awhile back.  Me, I never read it.  So, it's not going to take you as long to re-read it as it would me to read it.  

I think you had best just get back into it, asap.  Let me know what you find out.  I'll busy myself with other things, while you do.  There's no rush, but I don't think you should unnecessarily delay.  Soon as you're done testing, and trying to get an A+, then get back into the Italian Lit thing.  Maybe I'll listen to some Dio; probably the next best thing.

Okay, then.   Soon as you know, poast it here.  Then, we'll be on the yellow sulfur road to Lud.  O-ee-O.  Ee-O-O.

Ace; you'd think he'd have remembered that.
Ring bells for service.

Nestor

I tell you what: Instead of reading Inferno, you go ahead and see where YOU'RE going!

www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

I made it to the 8th level!

pat

For a modern take on The Divine Comedy, have a look at Inferno by Larry Niven and Jerrry Pournelle. I have an autographed copy, it?s a good read. I believe it?s now out of print, but you may be able to find one at a library or perhaps on E-Bay.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

iansl

Guys, I think you should move these infernal poasts over to another thread, and, as Ace once said, Let. The thing. Die.

Or you could use malpracticed CPR on it and kill it. Whichever way is fine.

Or you could let it live. I think everyone's fine with that...except for Scuzzy.

I'll have to read that Dante book sometime when I'm about 4 or 5 years older, when I have the true, bona fide time, when Poasters isn't time-wasting enough.

And it isn't. I meant time consuming. Yeah. Poasters is great. :)
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone

Ace

Ok; look... we're on topic.  We're talking about the dead.  Death.  AFter-death.  Taxes.  Post-life experience.  The light at the end.  The train.

I'm in the 3rd level, I guess.  Funny thing; it made me hungry.  

Ace; I suppose it won't be so bad, since they said there's a doggy to play with.
Ring bells for service.

Nestor

Only the 3rd level? that's not ... that's nothing! I boo you! Booo, and a third time, boo!

Mark H

I guess I was at zero level - purgatory. At least it wasn't indicated as bad.  ;D
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Nestor

So I really am the only villainous person.  :o Darn shame.

Ace

I would think you'd at least drop a level below purgatory for taunting people with undelivered margaritas.

I know what Shaun meant to say, too.  People that low wouldn't even say "darn."  

Part of the reason I came out only at the third floor is I lied.  I mean, they oughta factor that in, you'd think, as far as the statistical validity.  I didn't lie on everything; just some of the key ones.  What with morality being relative, and all.  

I did notice they didn't have one for "I have killed several or more people with one of my pointy bladed swords or other weapons of no good, including my feet and/or hands/belt."   My fear is I'm gonna get to the Pearly Gates, and they're gonna have that test.  But, the trick is gonna be that it's the one where you're only directed to put your name on it and turn it in.. if you answer anything you fail for not following directions.  And I'm not gonna catch it.

Ace; criminy.  It'd be my dar* luck.
Ring bells for service.

iansl

Oh. OK. I see the connection between the dead poast and inferno, etc.

I mean, this poast is a panda of a poast, right? And pandas go there, right? Ace, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't incorrect me if I'm right. :)
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

Ace

I'm sorry, Ian, but I gotta tell you you're right.  Hate to do it.  

Pandas would be at the sub-basement under the sub floor under the cellar under the lowest level of perdition.  Down the stairs.  To the left.  They're lower than low.  

Ace; take the stairs, not the elevator.  They go lower.  Then dig a hole.  Then drill.  They're down there.  
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

It's about time this stupid dead poast died. Hmm. Seems I've said that before. Anyway, the dead poast was never intended to come to life in any fashion - Frankenstonian or otherwise. It was born dead, remember?

What a shame, too. Just think of how alive it would have been if it had been alive. Or not dead. Kinda like me.

Where's Ace? I haven't seen him in several weeks. Come to think of it, I've never seen him.

Scuzzy; Great Scot. Scott. Mexican. Whatever.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Bill

Now you be careful with the Scots, great or otherwise.  I kinda admire them what with kilts and bagpipes and all.  Sorta pre-technology pants and pipe organs.  Not very PC.
If this poast is dead, a funeral would be fitting.    Maybe the Court Jester would preside over the ceremonies.  He could incant the policeman's name three times who'd then show up and chase everybody away in the name of crowd control.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Ah don whan mah freydom....

Scuzzy, you wouldn't know me if you saw me, let alone if you haven't.  And what the heck would you know about Mexicans, let alone Scotsmen on a horse.  Heck, what would I know about them either, except I've got Coronas in the fridge and I am getting hungry for Don Pablos.  Heck, even Hacienda, if I knew when Pat was there although I wouldn't recognize him anymore than me.

I mean, he than me.  You know what I mean.  

Franken-steen.  Werewolf?  There, wolf....

I will say, for a guy named after his cat, Scuzzy is probably the best one here of controlling the crowd.  And, I know people wonder what they wear under those kilts, but I don't.

Ace; Ah don wahna Gao Thare...

Ring bells for service.

iansl

I am now exercizing (howevuh ya spellit) my right to say that Scuzzy this time was the one who resurrected this poast. Now, everybody back away and

QuoteLet. The thing. Die

Bill

Being to the right of center, I would hate to see anything "die a borning."  Just think of the potential contribution this poast might make to the culture of  Poasters.  Why, some child might wander in here in the future and learn a great deal about humanity or culture or something.

Can't just let it die or get thrown away like some excess embryonic stem cells.  

It's rested a week, probably too strong to die now.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Igloo

AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Nestor

I've been gone (again) for over a month and this thing hasn't died yet???

KILL IT!

(Or at least, wipe it's chin and stick it in a retirement community)

Ace

I've been gone a day, and now you're back? Your back? Its chin? Cheese.

How's Jaime or Jamie or trav's grandma?   How's your hardware? How's your software?  I add Downy liquid to mine.

Ace; I thought this thing was dead.  Somebody must've wandered in after a month or so and stuck it with a stick and woke it up.  Waked it up.  Awakened it.  Awokened it.  Wacked it.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

I must confess. It was a panda, they seem to be drawn to old, stinky things.
Birds of a feather....

iansl

Sheesh, ThaG. It was dead until you resurrected it. Who will be the next one to resurrect this poast after it has been dead for another month? Ace? Lud? Andrew? Jim?

Once again, after giving it a parting something, I'm not sure what, maybe a push into the dumpster or coffin, whatever the case may be,

Let. The Thing. Die.

Ace

I thought feather boas were creepy, but a feathered panda would have to be worse.

If people would just realize that it would go away if they wouldn't pick at it, this thing would be gone.  They just have to ignore it, and it will keel over all by itself.  Just don't look at it, think about it, and by all means don't poast to it.  It will end.  You just need to not

oh.  Sorry.

Ok, then.  Back to the Funny Bone!  Where's the dang door...

ace; Oughta call it the Elbow Room.  We need more of that, here.
Ring bells for service.

trav

Well..ok, yes, i shall try to refrain from using slimeys.....smileys, smileys arent good on your Resume For Being A Jester At Poasters (BAJAP)..

But, neither is listening to Rush,  I guess...I Gotta learn stuff from Ace.

Crimminy.

Trav; Im looking for a new job, I dont like xTreme Poaster anymore.
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Ace

Crimminy?  Criminy, that was from "Crimm-crimminy, crimm-crimminy, crimm crimm, caree... a something chimney sweep something" or other from that old movie.

Sorry to hear you have to learn stuff from me.  That's a raw deal.  Good luck on that one.

I suppose you could delete some poasts, and not be xTreme any more.  Except you might lose a star or two, in the process.  Hopefully you won't pick up any twitchy blinking ones.... I know how the admin likes to slip those in, when you're not looking.

Ace; that's why I'm always looking.
Ring bells for service.

trav

Quote from: Ace on September 01, 2004, 07:36 hrs

I suppose you could delete some poasts, and not be xTreme any more.  Except you might lose a star or two, in the process.  Hopefully you won't pick up any twitchy blinking ones.... I know how the admin likes to slip those in, when you're not looking.

Ace; that's why I'm always looking.

Ahh...yeah, sorry about that, its true that i havent deserved my status. I should delete the "one-linders" and "smiley" poasts...sorry about that really. No harm done?
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Ace

Well, who does deserve their status, really.

Scuzzy acts as sherriff, sheriff sherrif town marshall and appliance mover, but it's not like his cat deserves all that attention.

Neon goes to trade shows impersonating William Shatner, but it's not like the Trekkies appreciate it.

Ludd can diagnose the human condition, plus pose hypothetical rhetorical questions that probe blonddom, but that doesn't mean blondes get it.

I went to Hacienda in Elkhart and that doesn't mean I deserved the free margarita I did not get from Pat there.

ThaG comes and goes as he pleases, but that doesn't mean he's earned the right to be called Shawn.

Karen and Carol and Carsick are down in temperate and scenic Florida, but that doesn't mean they deserve the status of "Residents of the State Most Likely To Get The Cr)*# Kicked Out Of It By Aberrant Weather Systems Every Few WEeks".

JimS are out there blasting blond(e)s, of which you apparently aren't one, even though you think so, while Wade is, but his car isn't, so... well, I don't know on that one.

And I don't deserve to live in Infamy as the Jester, even though I've earned that right.  So, all in all, I'd say Pete deserves his status as Purveyor Of The Great Monkey Joke and that's about it, for this crowd.

Ace; the legend of the thick-legged UPS woman was a myth, though, I think.

Ring bells for service.

Bill

Not even Price Line appreciates Willam Shatner any more.
Objection, your Honor....

Denny Crane.

If we really received (i before e, except after c")
what we deserved, we'd be back talking about the levels of the Inferno.  Except of course for Ace, he gets what he deserves, 3 malfunctioning stars and a hat full of bells that let you know when he is coming around the bend.