• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Can anyone help on a mcp cert. question?

Started by mcpuser, October 23, 2002, 17:29 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

mcpuser

;D
Can anyone answer some questions on demand for Microsoft certified professional people?

Thanks!

Ace

Like MCSE or MCSA..?

Ace; I can walk the talk.
Ring bells for service.

mcpuser

I am trying to get free federal funding to get my microsoft certified professional certificate, since I was laid off from Boeing. I need to get some employers feedback on the demand, pay, and qualifications to get hired with this certificate. Do you or do you know someone that can help me on this. I have to fill out some questions from someone that is in the industry to get this schooling for free from the fed govt.
Thanks.

dcsun

I guess I'm not really in the 'industry', nor do I have any formal computer training, but I do own an internet company.  The whole technology industry has been hit quite hard by the economic issues, and Sept 11 certainly didn't help.  Pretty much every technology company has slashed thousands of jobs to cut costs, so I would imagine there are many unemployed people (perhaps not for long though) that have many Microsoft certifications.

I guess what it basically comes down to is your skills.  I certainly wouldn't hire someone just because they've got some certification, but it couldn't hurt and very well might be the deciding factor.  If you start training now or soon you'll probably be in a pretty good position when you're ready to look for a new job and the economy has turned around again.

Dave

willy2782

:D

I don't know about any federal funding ..But I can tell you that having any Microsoft Certification on your hands could open a lots of door..The most common are MCSE,MCDBA .....

Willy
A+
N+
MCSE

Working on my CCNA
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Intel P4 2.2Ghz~845MNL Mobo~ATI 7000 64MB
512MB DDR~60GB 7200RPM 8M~
16X DVD~48X 16X 50 I/O
Dual Boot 2000 Advaced Server/XP Profecional

pat

See if this helps you out Microsoft Certified Professional Magazine.
You may find the answers your looking for in their forums.
Good luck and let us know how it works out.
pat
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Besides web searches on salary and job prospects (per category) I'd recommend asking area training institutions for info on job success and employment particulars on their graduates, to identify possible contacts as well as your local market.
Ring bells for service.