• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

(Netscape) Navigator Question.

Started by Mr. Muddle, December 28, 2002, 18:36 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Muddle

Hi.

Does anyone know how I can have visited links change colour when surfing with Navigator, so I could know which links I've already clicked on?

It used to work in IE, but the links remain the same colour in Navigator.

Thanks.

Neon

Edit --> Preferences --> Appearance --> Colors

change the links to whichever colors please your sense of aesthetics the most
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Mr. Muddle

Hi Neon.

Thanks. I was just going to tell you that I wanted to know how to make the thing work in the first place, not how to choose the colour!......but then I followed your advice and chose a different colour just for the sake of it and it worked! Weird! Shouldn't it have worked with the defaul colors before I chose my own color?

Thanks.

Neon

Yes, it should have installed with the default preferences, which include blue for links and purple for visited links. Perhaps you changed your preferences some time ago, or if the file became corrupted somehow.

There is also the matter of accepting each website's link colors, or choosing your own colors. Some websites may not specify colors, in which case - I speculate - you may observe no color changes if the browser is set to display the website's link colors.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Mr. Muddle