• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Daughter's New Monitor

Started by Whizbang, December 03, 2007, 00:08 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

I purchased a Hanns-G 19" monitor from Newegg for my daughter.  The package arrived yesterday in only three days, and I immediately preempted any formal Christmas presentation and just hooked it up to replace her very bulky KDS CRT.  I am more than a wee bit jealous.  The Hanns-G came with a $40.00 mail-in rebate offer with a telephone number to call if the rebate is not received within 10 weeks.  That is a first.  This monitor is far more advanced than either my Samsung or much more expensive Sony.  It has both analog and DVI inputs.  Since I set up her computer to use the onboard Nvidia 6100 chip, I have the monitor set to analog.  The auto adjustment is superb.  It auto-activates every time the computer boots up and adjusts for both BIOS read and OS screen.  Unlike my other monitors, this unit works very well with non-native settings, not as good as CRT, but close.  With an ultra thin profile and no dead pixels, this unit is a steal at $119.99, adjusting for the convincing rebate committal of $40.00, especially with Newegg on the rebate form and envelope.   8)

I did not try the built-in speakers because they could not compare with what she has, but the option is a nice. but unused, feature.