• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

My pc is finally finished

Started by slaxorz, February 20, 2004, 02:03 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

slaxorz

I have been working on this pc for a while now, and am just getting into case modding.  I will be posting pictures shortly but in the meantime here are the specs.

amd athlon 2600+ barton core
1gig crucial pc3200 cas 2 latency ram
2xwestern digital hd 80gb 8mb cache set up in a raid 1
radeon 9600xt videocard
antec lanboy mini tower
liteon cdrw/dvd rom
liteon dvdrw
3 antec 80mm fans
3 blue cold cathode lights.
ill have pics very shortly probably saturday

Mark H

Looks like a nice system. What motherboard did you use?

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Wade777

Need a custom computer?
Check out my website:
http://www.microhardcomputers.com

slaxorz

I actually used the rather cheap biostar m7ncd pro.
I might actually change it to a asus a78xe deluxe depending on my feeling go with this mobo.  It has been a great performer.  I am really impressed on how well its been working.  Biostar is a great mobo company even though they are a second tier manufacturer.  I also moded the case to have a side fan on the window it looks really good.  Ill have pix for all tommarow.  Goodnight and hope to show my new system tommarow.

Mark H

I'm looking forward to seeing it. :)

Mark H

slaxorz

pics dont seem to work maybe its something with my java settings.  I think im gonna try it on mozilla.

Mark H

You have to have the pictures on a server somewhere and then add the code here to point toward the URL where your picture resides.

Our help page shows how to add images.

Mark H

trav

Quote from: Mark H on February 21, 2004, 10:20 hrs
You have to have the pictures on a server somewhere and then add the code here to point toward the URL where your picture resides.

Our help page shows how to add images.

Mark H

For exampleonce you have a host or ftp for your pictures, then (without spaces), type:
[ Img]  www.url-to-image.com (if the image is hosted by Third-Party people, you have to make sure that they have Direct Linking) [/img]
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

slaxorz

heres a link to the pics it doesnt seem to support direct linking
http://www.villagephotos.com/browse.asp?selected=790667

well i am new to this and since i just made this account to try and show people i will just give the name and pass that you have to use ot login

username-----   mydogsucks13@hotmail.com
password-----   lameness

Mark H

Username and password doesn't seem to work. Open an account at www.webshots.com and post your pictures there. You can then direct link to them.

Mark H

Mark H

Still no go as it says we aren't the rightful owners and therefore doesn't allow us to view the pictures.

You might try www.photobucket.com to host the images. Other users on this forum have had luck with it and it is currently free, although donations can be made if you desire.

Once you upload to photobucket, you can link them here with the
[ img]YourimageURL[/img], except without the space in the first set of brackets.

Mark H

slaxorz

this is the side panel with lights on

this is the side panel with the cold cathodes off

Here is the front panel

Here is a close up with all my excess wires

Mark H

The reason your pictures aren't showing in the last poast is because you have an "@" in the URL. This forum has problems with addresses that contain an "@."

Mark H

slaxorz

Im going to be getting a new case on wednsday because i want to hide the wires better and have a really good place to put my cold cathode lights.
im getting the Thermaltake Black Gaming Tower XaserV Series WinGo Full-Tower Case, Model "V7000A" -RETAIL

Mark H

Looks nice. Hiding the wires will make a huge difference.

Mark H

Chandler

Quote from: slaxorz on February 20, 2004, 22:04 hrs
I actually used the rather cheap biostar m7ncd pro.
It has been a great performer.  I am really impressed on how well its been working.  Biostar is a great mobo company even though they are a second tier manufacturer.  

I'm glad that you have this opinion of Biostar.  They are very under-rated, probably because that until the collapse of Fountain Technologies (long story) they were mainly an OEM manufacturer for Fujitsu-Siemens and the Fountain companies (Quantex, Cybermax etc.).  They've only recently become readily available Retail - they are available just about anywhere now.

slaxorz

Biostar is seriously a good company.  In fact i had to warranty a board because i recieved it doa and the retailer was a little shady.  Biostar took the board and had a replacement about 1 1/2 weeks later.

Hoot

Nice system. I have built 13 systems with it. Good choice.

trav

NICE COMNPUTER MAN! *DROOL* :D :D :D :D :D
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR