• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Siemens Speedstream Router Model# SS2602

Started by Whizbang, February 27, 2004, 21:00 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

One of my worst problems is waiting for a good deal, thus making me a target fot the "You-get-what-you-pay-for" syndrome.  One recent purchase seems to be a good one.  The Siemens router was a sale item for $12.00 plus about $4.00 S&H.  Although the instructions said that a password confirmation would likely need to be made through Siemens link for DSL recognition, Direcway did not require it.  The 2 port router was simply plug-and play--->on both computers.  The little 5" x 8" X 1 1/2" box is no problem for space.  I am now updating software on the second unit while poasting on this main unit with no interference nor download speed change.  I know this is normal, and that is the point.  This little router seems to really be a bargain with hardware firewall.  I keep looking at Zone Alarm to check for any pings, but it has been unusually "quiet."  The one big difference in having a DSL/router setup is that I no longer need to keep stacks of CDs that have the latest driver upgrades.  Formatting has always been a real grind because of the hours of downloading upgrades.  In the time it is taking me to write this poast and proofread it, I will have completely upgraded WIN 2000 from a scratch install.  That would have taken 2 1/2 hours before.  Another great improvement is the elimination of the networking card that made Windows 98 load like a snail in January, sometimes even hanging without coming to full load.  Now I have seen no boot-up problem.  How sweet it is!  :)

DISCUSS HERE