• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by n/a, November 15, 2000, 23:15 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

n/a

Had a chance to download this today and it does have some impressive features.

Saw where Bill Gates at COMDEX mentioned that the next Outlook will have autocomplete. Like, whoopee. Poco has a lot more email improvements than that. I haven't played with it enough yet to make it my default mail program, but I can see why you like it.

When I went back to Outlook 98, the saved passwords for my accounts were missing. You don't suppose Outlook is jealous, do you?

Outlook 98 is okay, but I wish it were modular, with options to do away with all the junk you don't use instead of having it  resident and unused.

Simplify, Bill, simplify.

scuzzy

I remembered reading a review about how great the Poco e-mail program is, so I decided to check it out last night. WOW! It navigates very similar to Outlook Express, but Poco is ***MUCH, MUCH*** nicer. You can get the 2MB download free at http://www.pocomail.com and try it for 45 days. Take a look at the screen shots while you're there. If you want to keep it, you can register the program for $25. I'm definitely going to register it. Throw Outlook in the trash, this is better, with a beautiful interface. Microsoft should be ashamed.

Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor