• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

childrens forum?

Started by zak, May 24, 2004, 20:02 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

zak

I will admit that my Michael Jackson joke was not appropiate for a forum which includes young teens, and I apologised unreservedly, however I have posted two jokes since then which were not offensive to anyone but perhaps the most deeply religious, and both have been removed. If this site is so sensitive please just say so and I wont bother you again.

I have no wish to offend anyone but I am not interested in a forum where I have to guard my every word as if I am talking to children.

Mark H

The reason you have to guard your words as if you are talking to children is because children frequent this site - some are not even teens yet. We don't relish the thought of deleting poasts, but we have to maintain a clean site. You are welcome to stay, just keep in mind the audience that can frequent this site. You may also want to take a look at the guidelines for poasting on this site here.
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

pat

Zak,
In the Announcements Forum you will find our acceptable use policy. We ask all our members to follow those rules.
I deleted one of the jokes you put up. I won?t go into which one. I don?t know who removed the other one. I presume it was not appropriate.

We have a very talented and fair-minded staff so I trust that if there was another deleted, it was not without cause.

I also deleted your other sarcastic goodbye this morning, but decided to leave this one. I also looked back at some of your other poasts, the ones where you received some excellent help with some problems you were having.
Help given by folks willing to give their time without any thought to receiving any compensation other than the satisfaction of helping others.
All on a forum provided for free to anyone asking for help with their computer problems.

So if asking for a little consideration as to the content of messages poasted on this forum is too much to ask of you, then perhaps it?s best that you go elsewhere.

pat
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

scuzzy

Zak,

From the day we opened our doors, we have purposely maintained high standards for this forum. That is not something that will ever change.

In case you haven't noticed, you get high qualilty, friendly computer help here. On top of that, we won't spam you, we'll protect your privacy, we'll make sure you are treated with respect, and we won't throw a bunch of ads in your face. All of this is done using expert volunteers, along with quality forum software and one of the best domain hosts in the world that money can buy. Best of all, it's FREE to you. The only thing we ask in return is for you to respect our guidelines.

If you think our guidelines are too sensitive, then I'm certain you won't have any trouble finding plenty of other forums with much lower standards. But we aren't willing to come down to their level, nor will we compromise our integrity.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Nestor

I'm often rude and uncouth, but at the same time, i know when to keep it clean and professional. Frankly, i use a lot of the information on this website here at work, and this being a site that promotes clean language and a professional environment has made this the forum of choice in requesting help with any kind of problem.

Why there's a need to step away from a professional attitude while on this site, I'll never know.
AMD 3200+ KT-6 Delta, 120GB WD HDD, 160GB WD HDD, (4) 300GB Seagate SATA HDD NVidia 6800FX (256MB) 1GB PC3200 Mushkin RAM