• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Nero 6 or Easy cd creator

Started by Azza, August 23, 2003, 16:52 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Azza

query

Since you can try it without obligation, give Nero a spin - it's been a lot more stable and reliable for me than Easy CD 5.x was (can't speak of EasyCD 6, which I have not tried yet).

Mark H

Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

pat

Yes Nero is a fine program, I just wish they could get all the bugs out of InCd.
I have been contemplating giving Stomp Recordnow Max a spin. I have read a few reviews that give the DLA (drive letter access) program included with stomp better reviews than InCd.
I would download it and try it, but they don't include the DLA with the trial download.
Anyone tried this Stomp program?
I also wonder if you could keep Nero, delete InCd install the Stomp program with DLA and use all three as needed?
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

dastls

I have used both and have had no problems with either. I think CD Creator has the easier interface to use though.
Dave in the Midwest

iansl

You pay for the interface...always...take macs, for example (not that the interface is easier to use than windows , at least for a windows guy).
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone

trav

Easy CD Creator has only Created coasters for me, so i switched to Nero 6 and i havent had one coaster EVER! and i burn ALOT (about 20 CD's per day, mostly tunes) and have never ever had a coaster
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Chandler

I have always favoured Nero, and version 6 is no exception.  There's not really much changed from Nero 5 in the main program, just a lot of tidying up... it looks prettier but has nearly the same functionality.

This is a new Easy CD Creator-esque launcher in v6, which lets you choose common tasks, and of course the newish Nero Express mode.

I don't think there's much between them now when it comes to ease of use.  Nero is much less imposing though, it loads when you ask it to load, not by putting system tray icons all over the shop.

Allie-Baba

One thing to consider though is that not all burners are supported by all programs. It doesn't require much effort to verify - but one should probably double check.

That issue is becomeing less and less important as time goes on.

THNX
BRAD
"I had  something to say here, but then I forgot"

trav

Nero allso comes with a whole lotta extra goodies! Nero WaveEditor,  Nero ShowTime .ect
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Hoot