• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Email w/o opening

Started by ahopeter, January 18, 2004, 13:34 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ahopeter

is there anyway toblock someone from sending you email without opening the email to get their email address?  in the id section it identifies them as "persons name" then i cant block them without opening their email which is always junk.  i am using yahoo. thanks
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

query

Click the "this is spam" - next time, it'll go into the bulk mail folder.

ahopeter

cool thanks...but how can i put that mail on my block list cause the same people keep sending me the junk?
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

pat

Click on the Mail Options link, then the Block Addresses link.
Then just add the addresses of those you want to block.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

ahopeter

thats my point, i can only get their email address by opening their mail...that is what i am trying to avoid.

Luigi

click on this is spam, but when it shows you the next window, it shows two check marks at the top, click the one that says just blick the address and leave the one that says report to yahoo.
i know what you mean, i hate those stupid chain mail, and i guess you dont want to open it at all so you dont see what it says and it doesn't apply to you. what i used to do was just to copy the names of the senders and send it mack to them as many times as i can. and my wish still haven't come true ;D
talk 2 me

ahopeter

haha...thats awesome, thanks for replying.