• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

DVD playback volume sux..and this is why????

Started by rustbucket, April 21, 2003, 09:05 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

rustbucket

Very recently bought a laptop for school and was trying out the dvd and noticed a significant sound loss when playing any dvd title. CDR's work fine as well as Laptop audio. I have emailed HP with my complaint and now have to sit and ***** about it till it gets resolved or I RMA the mutha back...

It is a ZE4325US HP Pavillion laptop:
XP2000+
256 ddr
15inch screen
onboard AGP
altec lansing sound
cdrw/dvd.

any help would be appreciated....I'd rather fix it then send it back...BTW I tried other software to play DVD's on it and it sounds the same....low volume on playback.

John

rustbucket, welcome to Poasters Forums. Depending on what make or brand of DlVD player software you have such as WinDVD or PowerDVD and so fourth check to see it the software has a volume control and raise the volume higher while playing the DVD.  
Cogito Ergo Sum

Chandler

Hi,
PowerDVD controls the volume itself and the default is quite low for laptop speakers.  Set this to maximum by pressing + repeatidly (or via the interface)

Secondly, there is a Dynamic Range Compression option in PowerDVD which can be used to boost the sound level.  Right click and choose Configuration.  Then go to Audio, Advanced, Miscellaneous.  Set it to Noisy Environment and you should be OK.

Maybe someone else can help if you use WinDVD, but it should have similar options.