• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Address Book

Started by dinosaur, January 04, 2003, 09:06 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

dinosaur

I know I'm dim(?!), but how do I send the same message to all those in my address book, without having to enter all the addresses individually?

query

If you're using Outlook Express, create a group containing the email addresses of all those you want to send mail to, and then address the mail to the group.

Outlook (97,2K, XP) works similarly - there are a couple of ways to do it there, ranging from a group to a distribution list.

dinosaur

So does that mean I still have to enter all the addresses individually - is there no wayu to, say, copy and paste them all?

scuzzy

query's suggestion is the only solution that I can think of. However, it's not all that difficult to do. When creating a "group" mailing list, you'll simply select whatever addresses you want included in the group. It's not like if you have to retype them.

Once the group is created and named, just select it to email the group at once.

You didn't mention which email program you're using, but most are similar in concept when creating groups.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

query

You can copy and paste - but you have to do them one at a time, not in a block.