• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Quantex Identification

Started by 350cid, September 18, 2002, 23:06 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

350cid

I had a couple more questions about my new used Quantex laptop, that hopefully someone can shed some light on.  First question was how can I figure out what series or model number or whatever number my Quantex is.  I bought it from some guy who supplied no paper work on it and it appears that a sticker on the bottom is missing.  I can tell you this though.  Its a P3 500, 64 MB RAM, a 6 Gig HD and it says N30W-14.  I want to get more RAM but the crucial website wants to know what series and what not.  Other question, does anybody know how to tell what type (I, II, III) of PCMCIA slots it may have?  Can I count pins or measure soemthing?   I need a network card but I dont want to spend money on a card that wont work.  Thanks for the help once again.  You guys got a great thing going here.

--Jamie--

dcsun

I'm not all that familiar with the Quantex systems, but here is some information that should answer some of your questions: The model number is N30W-14, and it was manufactured by Compal.  You can find out more about PCMCIA cards here: http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/P/PCMCIA.html, but in general, any network card should be fine (assuming that it has drivers for your operating system, of course).  Others here are quite knowledgeable about the Quantex models, so feel free to ask any other more specific questions.

Dave

John

350cid, try this link for all the stuff you need for your notebook model Portablecomputer including the manual's.  Or another place for parts is www.3klix.com or you could try Armcomputer or you might try Bizcom  Good luck,
Cogito Ergo Sum

Sliderule

No Smoke, No Glory!
HP Pavilion 8396, PII-450MHz, 384MB RAM, 40GB HDD, Multi-Boot:  Win2kPro, Win98SE, Win2k3-Enterprise