• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

The Dark Knight

Started by pat, August 03, 2008, 19:07 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

At the IMAX.
In a word awesome, truly.  There is so much going on in this movie it's hard to say much about it without giving anything away except if you get a chance to see it at the Imax, by all means, do so.

Although some of it is shown in just a large, wide screen version, all the good parts are in full screen  Imax.
I was blown away and you really do get your 12 dollars and 50 cents worth, the thing is long enough for 2 movies.

Also saw a preview for the upcoming movie Watchman
Looks to be a good one.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

scuzzy

I wasn't going to answer this until Ace made me.

I have avoided Batman anything since the first movie years ago. I found the original movie dark and overly sinister, which is not how I recall the colorful and almost funny TV series. I only watched a few minutes of the second movie (I forgot the name) since it was more of the same.

Maybe I should give this one a chance, but I'll be disappointed if it's more of the same... regardless of the special effects.

The craft that came out of the water in Watchman reminded me of Flash Gordon's spaceship.

Scuzzy; Ace is dark and spooky, too.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

I wasn't going to answer you until you wrote something.

Geez Scuzzy Louise, did you get up on the wrong side of bed.  Unfortunately, the one facing the wall.  "The Dark Knight" was dark.  D'uh; d'ja think?  Look, if you want lighted lighthearted fare, go with the Green Lantern.  That's gotta be brighter.  Or Blazing Saddles.

No, the BIFF! BAM! ZING! OW! tv series wasn't colorful.  It was crooked, usually; at an angle.  Silly.  Doofy.  Campy.  Now, that Dick Tracy movie was sorta similar, and the Batman with Tommy Lee Jones as Two Faced and Val Kilmer (ugh) was more like that stuff. 

I like dark.  I like a nice dark film noir, extra dark.  Devil's Food dark.  Pinot Noir dark.  So I think I'll definitely tune into the darkness (no, not the band; that's just silly) of the Dark Knight some dark night.  Plus, if it has extra mayhem and gratuitious violence, good.  Scare kids away. 

I hope some relative buys it; then it'll be free, too.  I like dark free things.  And, no, I'm not gonna get into another chat room debate about the whole purpose of the Civil War.  It really wasn't that civil, when you get right down to it.

Ace; Joker.
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

So what exactly are you saying? That you prefer 60% cocoa over milk chocolate?

I'll concede that I'm an old fogie. The title does hint toward its dark tales. In law enforcement, we would call that a clue.

I'm not particularly thrilled about death and mayhem in dark alleys, but I suppose I could get off of my fogie fanny and give it a try. Besides, if the movie will scare the kids away then it can't be all that bad.

Scuzzy; Badman
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

How would I know "exactly" what I'm saying. Poasting is an inexact science.

I didn't accumulate this impressive albeit meaningless poast totals by attending to details.  I've played Clue, but I don't recall the movie that well.  You know, I think Robin bothered me more than Adam West in that TV version.  Which is saying a lot.  I wonder if there's a scene in The Dark Knight where a naked guy comes running out of a closet in a dark alley.  Man, that'd scare me back into my car. 

Ace; I wonder if Heath Ledger will be in the sequel. 
Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

QuotePinot Noir dark

Now you're talking.

Buff; I just might watch this one now....
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

scuzzy

Ace doesn't know what he's saying; much less what he's talking about.

My neighbors just packed and left for a tour in Germany (he's active duty). Before leaving, they left us their booze which included a bottle of Talus Pinot Noir. I was just looking at it and thinking about popping it open, but I have to work tomorrow. Tonight. Whatever.

Scuzzy; I'll watch any movie if I'm drunk enough.

Ace

I'll sleep through any movie if I've drunk enough.  I think my favorite superhero is Cartman.

You know, a dark Pinot Grigio is just a Chardonnay.  Where in Germany are they going to tour?  I've never been a big fan of German wines, as I prefer dry ones.  You know, the kind you forget to put a cork in and when you check it after a few months...

Ace; dry. Really dry.
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

I suppose they're going to the western half. I dunno. We didn't know each other all that well; just enough to get free booze.

I don't know anything about dark gringos, but I suppose that if they spend enough time in the sun they'll get that way.

I spent plenty of years in Germany trying out their different wines. I don't remember any of them. But the beer was the best.

I did make some friends out there, though. Two of them returned to the USA, got out of the Army, and opened their own vineyard in New York. Next time you're in Rock Stream, NY, check out http://www.rockstreamvineyards.com/. Someday I'll go there and toast myself.