• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

BEOWUFF

Started by Ace, April 27, 2008, 09:41 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Going by the apparent lack of hygiene, it may have been B.O. Wolf.

Alright; got the unrated ultraviolent supposed version.  First, had chicken and andouille sausage jambalaya with a S. African cat pee Chardonnay.  Probably Cheetah, I'm thinking.  It was good, until 3 AM when the cajuns attacked.  I fought them off with an alka-seltzer, after the Pepcid and Rolaids combo.

So, this movie is like a quasi-digitized human Polar Express with Geats and Great Danes and one freaky Grendel and a full frontal Angelina Jolie.  Plus, Beowulf's naked when he fights him, but you only get an animated bum shot. 

First off, beware of Geats baring themselves.  Also, don't get overly excited about the prospects of Angelina showing off.  She's digitized, with a sorta gold smear over herself, so it's not that racy.  Plus, the tail is distracting.  Even if it is her pony tail.  It's like those models in Sports Illustrated who are naked, wearing body paint made to look like they're wearing a swimsuit.  So, they look like they are.  So, they don't look at all naked.  So... what's the point, you know?

Grendel is a surprise, and alarming.  Interesting take.  And his later brother is really a bigger, badder dude.  Not as hot as the mom, but pretty hot.  Anthony Hopkins plays Hrothgar, and sounds just like Anthony Hopkins.  Especially his mocking deranged laugh.  He needs to close that robe, too.  It was all in all great fun, and a bunch of stuff happens to it keeps moving.  Beowulf isn't a squeaky clean hero, and is pretty opportunistic.  A bit of a con man.  Some good insults and story telling; I liked how they worked in Olde English and pronunciations intermixed with the understandable dialog.   The visuals have that 3D racing effect of Polar, although they replaced the hot chocolate train scene with several with Mead. 

And the jambalaya really was good. at least for awhile.  I'd recommend both.

Ace; I could see why Angelina adopts, just going by her natural children.

Ring bells for service.

pat

So what to you think about the ending, did he or didn't he?
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Well, at the end Beowulf is sailing away on his boat... he's a stiff, but pretty hot.

I'd say "Sequel" would be what's next.  Maybe Brad Pitt will be in the next one; he did such a great job with Achilles. 

Ace; time wounds all heels.
Ring bells for service.

pat

No not him, the other guy the new king guy. The one looking longingly at Grendel's mom.

Did he or didn't he? You know, will there be another Grendel?
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

I was just mentioning how she didn't wanna let Beo go...

Of COURSE he was looking longingly at her.. Geez Criminy, she's Angelina Jolie.  Every kid looks longingly at her, and hopes she takes him home.

No, there will never be another Grendel.  That guy was one of a kind.  When they made him, they broke the mold.  Looked like some of it stayed on his head...  And not another Dracula (Dragon).  He was something unique, too.  I gotta figure ol' Sidekick and her are gonna have something special, together.  Goshawful ugly, too.

Ace; call it "Cloverfield"
Ring bells for service.

Mark H

I liked the movie. I say that at the end he did.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.