Author Topic: Annoying thing.  (Read 519 times)

Offline garryh69

• Poaster
  • I think I know but i dont really!
Annoying thing.
« on: Jan 18, 2007, 07:06 AM »
whenever i turn my computer on or resume windows from hibernation i get my computers date and time properties window pop up. this is annoying because if i accidently pres the curser the month changes and my norton stops working because it says its expired when it hasn't and security certificates are not valid on certain web sites. how do i turn it off?

thanks
xp2600, 512 ddr 333 memory, Maxtor 120gb Serial Ata, Seagate 120gb Serial Ata, Windows Xp Profesional, Sony dvd rw+-, Pioneer cdrw 48x.

Offline Whizbang

• xTreme Poaster
  • "Canna" help you?
Re: Annoying thing.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2007, 08:51 AM »
Hibernation has been a problem with many applications.  I just don't use it.  Another problem that has occured is with printer drivers and hard drive that get corrupted after returning from Standby or Hibernation.  If you want to continue using Hibernation, be sure that you have installed latest Microsoft patches before proceeding further.

Offline pat

• xTreme Super Poaster
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2007, 02:01 PM »
how do i turn it off?

You can turn off Hibernation by right clicking on the desktop and select properties. Then the screen saver tab and the power button in the lower right hand corner, next click on the Hibernate tab and remove the check mark from the enable hibernation line. Click apply and close the dialogue box.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Offline Whizbang

• xTreme Poaster
  • "Canna" help you?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2007, 09:18 PM »
I thought he meant "date and time properties window pop up", not hybernation.  ???
True, but the popup occurs because of return from hybernation.  You can right-click on the clock, choose properties, and uncheck the Show the Clock to prevent "bumping" the popup.  I would just prefer to keep "the 'ole bear" out of hybernation.   ::)

Offline garryh69

• Poaster
  • I think I know but i dont really!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2007, 07:09 AM »
nothing to do with hibernation i turned hibernation off. turned clock off.

the window pops up when the computer turned on, wireless connecion lost and when its re-established.
xp2600, 512 ddr 333 memory, Maxtor 120gb Serial Ata, Seagate 120gb Serial Ata, Windows Xp Profesional, Sony dvd rw+-, Pioneer cdrw 48x.

Offline Whizbang

• xTreme Poaster
  • "Canna" help you?
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2007, 08:46 PM »
Run virus and spyware check to eliminate those factors.