• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by Chandler, October 13, 2001, 01:04 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Chandler

I don't really know much about digital cameras, but does it use a USB connection?

If so, and if you've got a VIA chipset on your motherboard, then you might need to install a USB Filter driver.

I suspect that the software is incompatible with something else in your system (i.e. video card drivers etc.) but it might be that the software isn't configured correctly.  I'd remove the software completely, then (if you know what you're doing) remove the entries from the registry, reboot then reinstall it.

Chandler Bing

pat

Charles,

Welcome to poasters. What OS are you using? The reason I ask is because I had the same sort of trouble with my Kodak software. The software worked fine under win98. However once I installed winme the same thing you describe happened to me. I think it has to do with winme using it own built in software to display and retrieve images from the camera using usb. In my case there was a patch at the Kodak web site but even with the patch you could only use one system or the other. In the end I decided to abandon the Kodak software and use winme's built in system for downloading pictures, which works fine for me. You could check the Olympus web site for compatibility issues.

hope this helps

Pat

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

charles cheatham

Well, I should have mentioned that the program worked for 3 months and then one day...POOF! It don't work. So I know it's compatible. I have a Quantex 550 P3.

charles cheatham

I would like to know why my computer locks up while the software is loading. When the little hourglass comes on the screen, it never goes away. I have to kill the power and restart the computer. I'm trying to use the Olympus Camedia software and it won't let me connect the camera to the pc.