• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUFFALO!!!

Started by Ace, February 21, 2006, 06:39 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

HAPPYDANGBIRTHAVERSARYDAY BUFFALOOLDBUDDYOLDPAL!!! from the Life That Lives Across the Pond.  Or I can just sign this "Pondlife" as it were.

I wish you a wonderful English breakfast of English Muffins and chocolate biscuits and something pork and no Scotch eggs, as I had one of those once and what a ghastly thing to do to an egg covering it with sausage bits and I think deep frying it or something so it comes out to be this mostly raw meat squishy egg thing.  Gyach.

May dreams of Angelina Jolie dance in your head today, but not in person if you're with a wife or significant other.  If you're with an insignificant other go ahead and do whatever you want.  Heck, it's your birthday.  I know with the time difference it's probably well on the way to being over, and I'm sorry it's so late.  It's pretty early here, and it's the best I could do.  Criminy, I would've had to get up at midnight or 2 am or something to catch it when it started... I mean, it's a very important day over here and to me but not that dang meaningful to get up at that goshawful time, for cryin' out loud...  I don't know what you expect from me sometimes, honestly...

Ok, enough about me and This Day Is All About You!  Do bring your avatar, though.  You should never poast alone.  Thanks.

Hope your day goes splendidly and you Manage things wonderfully and don't have to redo any floors or walls and you're able to knock off a couple bottles of Merlot and pass out safely.  

Ace; hope Chandler's nasty neighbours don't bother you, either.  Especially if you get drunk or loud, or both.  Enjoy! ;D special gratuitious smilie
Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

Many thanks oh foolish one!

Breakfast consisted of tea and toast.  I would rather have had a scotch egg though.  Breakfast was closely followed by prezzies ;D

Angelina is never very far from my thoughts anyway but my significant other needn't know that!

No more DIY to do now.  I haven't quite finished everything that I wanted to do but I've actually accepted an offer my house and will be moving soon.  The offer is ?75,000 more than I paid for the place 4 years ago so I'm not complaining, especially as it is too big for just the two of us (and Scud) really.
I've found a new place not too far away by the seaside.  Not close to Chandler though as far as I know.

Thanks for the special smile, it means a lot.

Buff; another year older and much, much wiser.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Whizbang

Does your move mean that you will now be sifting sands and searching for seashells by the seashore?   ;D  I am not very enthusiastic about the ocean in the good old USA.  There are too many hurricanes or potential tsunamis here.  

Ace

I think it's cool Buff's moving to the seaside to rendevouz, and look forward to his having us there for the FIRST ANNUAL POASTER'S INTERNATIONAL CONVOCATION this year.

I figure Bubba can host the National one, since he's centrally located.

I like the seashore.  Even if it stinks, which it can.  I've only been East, to that rocky shore, but it was cool.  If you stand on the shore of Pat's Lake it resembles the ocean.  I mean, it looks as big.  I've never crossed either, so as far as I know both end with a sharp drop off and sea monsters and the end of the world.  

You know, I wouldn't mind if you serve scotch and eggs when we get there.  I can let someone else have my egg.  I'd be glad to trade.

Do you guys in Britain get hurricanes?  How about tornados?  Blizzards?  Any weird weather systems?  Or just cool, dismal stuff?

Anyway, Happy Birthdayversary Again, day 2.  $75,000 sounds like a nice profit.  Unless that was pounds, at which I'd want to know of what.

Ace; in a global economy I'd be broke.

Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

Yea, the sea can stink at times and I'm not moving to a particularly picturesque part of the coastline but there definitely seems to be some sort of cudos associated with living by the sea.

We don't really get hurricanes or anything but we did get a mini tornado or two last year.  Nothing on the scale of the American Great Plains though.

I'm happy to host the FAPIC but you'd better be prepared to drink Merlot.  Or bring your own Heineken.  Scotch eggs will be plentiful, as will haggis, neeps and tatties.

Buff; better make it on Burns' night.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Ace

Sounds good.  Whatever you said.

Alright, you got me on two of those, at least.  Haggis I understand, although I can't comprehend why anyone would do that to a sheep, even if it is dead.  I have enough trouble with oatmeal in a bowl.

"tatties" I think I can guess.  Got to be one of two things, or two of the things if they're those things.  But I don't think your significant other would allow you to have those things appear, so I'm going with my second guess, as something potato.

Neeps.  Boy, I don't know... We have "peeps" over here, which are those goshawful marshmallow little chickie Easter candy things.  I have no clue what a neep might be.

Or Burn's night.  George Burns...?  Bonfires?  Rioting and arson..?  Cookout Night?  Unintentionally Blackened Cajun Food night?  I'm at a loss on that, too.  Especially if the neeps get burned; I don't know if that would be a good, or bad, thing.

Merlot is fine.  I can do red wine; it's good for you, I've read.  I'm of a mind that a lot of it must be even better for you, then.

If the view of the side of the sea isn't so hot maybe we can watch TV.  We've finally got Monty Python on our public channel, so reruns of that would be fine by me.  Or whatever else you guys watch over there.   But not soccer, if that's ok... I've got an aversion to any game where nothing happens for vast amounts of time.  That doesn't include the SuperBowl, since the commercials are frequent.

Ace; I've got to watch for a BBC headline of "Buffalo Hosts FAPIC" to see how this is going.
Ring bells for service.

Ace

Geez Louise Johnny of course I'd invite you to Buff's party.  Especially if you're dry.  Like you said, more for the rest of me.

Shoot, somebody has to drive.  I figure if I do Ohio, you could drive the rest of the way.  It'd be split evenly, then.

Congratulations on your Robin.  None here.  Maybe I'll grab a cardinal and some spray paint...

Ace; the early worm gets it.
Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

Neeps = turnips.

Don't ask me why because I'm not a Scotsman.  I don't know why they can't just call a turnip a turnip.  Probably the same reason we call a fool a jester.

Ja - you are definitely invited and it is not just about booze.  It is also about being friends.  And being sociable. And being drunk Poasters.

Buff; I'll send directions if I can find this end of that dang bridge.

scuzzy

To quote Ace, "Happy Birthday, Mr. Buffalo2102." I'm sorry it's late, but I'll go ahead and get an early start for next year while I'm at it.

Since the life is coming to life on the other side of the pond, in celebration of Buff being older, then I am on my way. I'll be certain to bring plenty of booze and guns. The two make a great combination. I'll add party poppers to the mix, and Ace will add the party pooper.

Ace will also provide entertainment with the bells growing out of his head as he trips over his big, curly shoes. I will personally assist him in tripping over if needed. Handcuffs will be used for further entertainment.

Since we will be partying next to the pond, I'll bring snorkels and fins. I will also bring several cases of Corona, just for Ace. I can just picture a drunken jester, handcuffed behind his back, wearing snorkels, bells, fins and big, curly shoes. Heh, heh, heh, hack! (pardon me)

Scuzzy; did Ace say, "Shoot?"
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

Shoot, Scuzzy is a neep.

Hey hold it hold on a minute dangit I did NOT say that wait just a doggone minute dangit where is the **** edit button dangit.

Criminy.  

I can just see Scuzzy getting loaded and his gun too and popping the pooper and who knows what will hit his fan.  Who in the heck is handcuffed behind my back, anyway?  Talk about some mystery antecedent.  Pat?  Ja?  Neon?  I sure don't want a drunken jester anywhere near me, so there better not be one of those behind me.

And what's with the "snorkels"...?  One for each nostril?  Like I'm gonna be unable to breathe through a single underwater breathing apparatus?  Self contained or not?  

"Scuba doo bee doo" as Frank used to say.  And you just make fun of people with big shoes because yours aren't.  Ha.  

Somebody could get hurt at this dang shindig, and it's probably gonna be the fool on the hill overlooking the sea.  

Ace; I can't believe Scuzzy said "****" and got away with it.  If I tried four punctuations in a row I'm probably be banned for the weekend.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Sorry for the delay, been out.

But Happy Belated Birthday!

I can come to the party, but I allergic to merlot, so I?ll have to BMOB.

No, that?s not bomb spelled wrong, that?s bring my own bottle, did you think I wanted to get one of those heart attacks for spelling something wrong?
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Buffalo2102

Wow! Allergic to Merlot!  I couldn't be you.

Thanks Pat et al.

Buff; 'til next year (if I make it).