• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!!

Started by Ace, September 10, 2005, 07:48 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

HAPPYBIRTHAVERSARYTOYOU KAREN! !

I hope turning a year older doesn't "Sting."  heh.  Pretty clever, huh.  I guess that's why I'm the Jester and Travis still isn't.  Well, Janitor too, and there's only two of us but I don't see Whiz cleaning up around here all that much, frankly.

Hope you have a wonderful birthaversary; I think it's neat we get the day off to celebrate it.  And it's noteworthy since there aren't too many females that frequent the chatroom; there's Karen, and I think there was a Carol, and then a bunch of Lins once.  It's hard to remember who's who...  They don't frequent that frequently...  One of them has a station wagon full of kids, and I think one is probably dealing with Hurricane insurance claims, and the other ones are who knows where.  But whichever one you are, you were Born On This Day and that we commemorate.

Well, not "this day" exactly.. I mean, that'd be nuts, to congratulate you if you're a newborn.  Like you'd care, you know? Or even know how to find the chatroom, and read it.  We pretty much cut these off for "4 year olds and older".   Hopefully, somebody will poast a cake and you can have that, too.

Ace; It's almost the end of (Gordon) Sumnertime.  Geez, I am so clever it's nauseating!  Hee hee.
Ring bells for service.

Neon

Ooh - Karen's birthday! That calls for a celebration!

I found this ice cream cake out on the internet. It looks pretty tasty, so you'd better hurry up and get your slice before Ace eats the whole thing. Or Ace sits on the cake, trying to make "snow angels". Or it melts, and we have to spoon the liquid into a bowl and store it in the freezer till you get back. Anyway, hope you like Oreos.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

scuzzy

Happy Birthday, Karen. Haven't seen you here in a while, but then again I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone here - other than Travis and his lightbulb. And he doesn't frequent us anymore. Oh, I just remember seeing a pic of Carskick and his yacht.

Best wishes on your 21st birthday.  ;D
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

saoirse

Happy Birthday Karen  :)

Best wishes for a wonderful day.

saoirse

Igloo

AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Carskick

Happy B-Day, Karen.

I hope your reasonable dreams come true.

My yacht!?!?
What a funny guy!
Athlon64 X2 3800+ Machester@2.45Ghz, 4x1GB A-DATA PC3200@204(2.5-3-3-6), XFX 8800GT, ASUS A8N5X NF4, Antec 300 case, Antec EarthWatts 650w, 640GB 16MB and 200GB 8MB 7200RPM SATA WD HDDs, NEC3540, NEC3550, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate<br />Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/Carskick

Carol

Happy Birthday Karen
Hope you had a fun filled day!
Carol
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life. I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.--Erma Bombeck

Ace

Well, Carol, we all sure hope you had a wonderful birthday and it's nice you

Hold it.  C-a-r... Oh.  Ok, you're the other one.  Dang, I get people confused here.  Well, actually, no, people don't get confused... I get confused.  By people.  

Ok, so, if you see "Karen" wish her a happy birthday, then, instead.  Although it isn't her birthday, now.  Probably be best not to say anything.. it would probably just confuse her.

Oh, who am I kidding.  It'd confuse me.

Ace; who started this stupid poast anyway..
Ring bells for service.

Karen

Oh my, talk about being late for the party!  Thank you all so much for the well wishes and the delicious cake...yum! Thank you for remembering me!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately.  Things at my work place have been really nuts.  We have new software that an outside vendor developed for my employer and the transition has been a very difficult one to say the least.  It's been almost a year now and we're still stuck with a buggy piece of junk.  From January to August, I worked 7 days a week with only a couple days off the entire time.  The vendor has released numerous "drops", but so far each one has only made matters worse.  I'm hoping my employer comes to their senses and sues the vendor for breach of contract for not providing a working release.

To add icing to the cake, mother nature threw us a few curve balls this hurricane season with the events of Katrina and Wilma (for those who may remember, I work in the insurance industry).  We currently have thousands of employees working 60, 70, and 80 hour weeks to process claims as quickly as possible and get money into the hands of our policyholders. We're working 7 days a week, from 7:00am to 7:00pm, including holidays.  I just completed two 70 hour weeks myself, and my company is begging for at least two more, but I'm going to give it a rest for a while before I completely burn out.  The money is good and in general I enjoy the work, but at this point I think my mental health is more important!  

The good news is all of my work gained the attention of the powers that be at my employer, and I was rewarded with a very nice promotion, bonus and a new salary level...just in time for my annual Christmas trip to Vegas!  Woo hoo!

Thank you all again for the birthday wishes!  I miss interacting with my poasters friends!  I'll try to do a better job at keeping up with the happenings on the forum.

Karen   :)

I'm at that awkward stage...somewhere between the young and the restless, and the old and the senseless.   ;)

JimS

Hey, Karen, Happy Birthday!  I haven't been around much lately, either.  If I recall, we have the same birthday, right?
"I shall pass through this world but once.  Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet