• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Happy Walpurgisnacht

Started by Bill, May 01, 2005, 08:04 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

Or Beltane, if you happen to be an Ancient Celt.   The dark and pagan holiday created to appease the gods of the field and orchard.  Offering a fair. young uninitiated Panda to induce the supernatural to provide an abundant crop and fertile lands.  

So gather 'round the Maypole, hoist a toast to crop rotation and celebrate Pinkster Day.

Bill; its raining here,  I think I'll stay in.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

I think you need to get out.

I'm not a Celts fan, at least not while they're playing the Pacers.  And you can't put "fair" alongside of "panda" without causing a deep disturbance in the universe.

Look, maybe they had the best of intentions, at least as far as killing the stinking things.  But a panda is not going to serve as fertilizer anymore than any other lead based nuclear waste would.

Shoot, you'd have to sprinkle asbestos and mercury on it just to tone it down to dangerous levels.

Ace; I think there's a clip of the celebration in "Fantasia."  It's been awhile.  And I don't mean the Idol winner who disappeared off the face of the earth.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

I stayed in, until the sun showed.

Another pagan holiday passes uneventfully.  The hell hound was on good behavior, no trees fell over and the grass still needs cutting.

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit