• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Canon S900 Photo Printer

Started by scuzzy, June 10, 2002, 14:47 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

A few weeks ago, I bought a Canon S900 photo printer for my wife. We haven't used it extensively enough for a good review, but we have used it enough to get a good feeling for it.

Setting up the printer took about an hour. Everything from taking it out of the box, setting up the 6 ink cartridges, drivers, etc., definitely took some time and patience. However, everything worked well on the first try.

I've printed a few photos from my wife's Kodak DX4900 (4 megapixel) camera, and the photos printed out on Canon's Photo-Pro paper is nothing less than absolutely stunning. Unless you get a magnifying glass to the picture, you can't possibly distinguish between it and a photo lab processed picture.

The printer is reasonably quiet, and prints an average 8x10 glossy photo in about 65 seconds from the time I press the print button. The quality for text and graphics on plain paper is about average for an inkjet, but not comparable to the crisp text of my HP LaserJet.

One thing I don't like about the printer is that the front tray closes into the printer. That would be fine, except that the printer does not warn you that the tray is up when printing. My first indication that something was wrong was when I opened the tray about 30 seconds after pressing the print button. Too late, the paper crunched up inside the printer like an accordian. It seems it would have been easy for Canon to add a sensing switch to prevent that type of a mess.

Alex Garcia

DISCUSS HERE
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor