• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

ADIMICRO Multi-card Reader

Started by scuzzy, September 04, 2003, 23:12 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

I recently purchased an ADIMICRO multi flash card reader for my computer - one that installs in an available 3.5 inch bay. I bought the reader from NewEgg.com for $19, plus another $4.00 for S/H.

Here's a photo:

The unit installed fairly easily, and hooked up to a USB 2.0 port on the motherboard. However, it is backward compatible to USB 1.1. It is capable of reading 7 types of cards: Memory Stick, SmartMedia, CompactFlash I & II, Microdrive, SD, and MultiMediaCard.

The reader works well, and the convenience of having it installed in a drive bay sure beats the reader I had previously balanced on my desk. Once hooked up, the Device Manager sees each slot as a removable drive.

There are two things I don't like about the reader. One is that the cards stick out a ways when fully seated. If the cards would go in at least another 1/4 inch, it seems they would be less likely to get bumped and possibly broken. Second, the lights stay on once you install a card. They don't blink when reading/writing, either. Oh well - both are minor issues.

On a side note - the above photo was taken with my new Sprint phone - a Samsung VGA-1000 (SPH-A620).
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor