• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Laptop modem does not answer

Started by masonb, December 04, 2002, 05:03 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

masonb

Hi there.
I have an Amilo notebook with a Askey1456 mini pci modem (windows registers it as a HSP56MR). Running windows XP pro.

Everything works fine except that the modem does not answer incomming calls automaticaly.

Please, I hope you can help.

Thanks in advance

Barry

cityguy22au

Barry make sure you install all of the modem drivers that come with the computer or modem if you can, try your incoming call settings to make sure it is connected right and your o/s or program that you are using can support this( i reckon XP should). Window's XP loves to chew up older or foreign hardware so make sure you check the software, drivers ect...

dcsun

Welcome to Poasters

Usually you need additional software for the modem to answer incoming calls.  Have you installed a package that does this?

masonb

Quote from: DCSun on December 04, 2002, 18:57 hrsWelcome to Poasters

Usually you need additional software for the modem to answer incoming calls.  Have you installed a package that does this?

Hmm, no I haven't installed any additional software.
I use a dialback feature (shiva) on my desktop which works fine. I would assume (stupidly I guess:-) that, as winXP has that facility built in it should work fine?

cityguy22au

The feature, if working properly previuosly on XP should work but if not try downloading some shareware trial version to test it from www.downloads.com of some other site. Good luck.