• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Keep geting blue screen

Started by seriousdamage, August 02, 2008, 14:34 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

seriousdamage

Hi, I have a 1 year old Dell dimension E520,
since two days now as soon as boot it, just before the desktop should appear
I get a blue screen, the PC restarts automatically, it gets to the same point and
I get another blue screen, and this goes on over and over.

I have used the recovery disk,  have tried to fix any problems it could find, but no luck,
so I have decided, using the same disk to reinstall the all OS, works all good
during the installation,I get to the desk top, I can go to folders,
but as soon as I install any of the hardware I have I get the blue screen again.

I have done this 3 times installing different type of hardaware, thinking it may was it the problem,
but it happens with all of them.

Any ideas, what I can do next?

Thanks.
ASUS A7N8X-X-LAN/nForce2/socket A    Athlon XP 2800+/2.08 GHz (FSB : 333 MHz )
OEM - 512MB DDR-RAM/400 PC3200
80GB 7200RPM HD     20GB 7200RPM HD   
ATI Radeon 9200 AGP(8x) 256MB DVI/TV-out
LiteOn - LDW-812S DVD 8x+/- writer retail  MITSUMI-485GTE 54/32/54

query

Power on, press f12, and boot to the Dell diagnostics.  Let the quick test run and then run the extended test on the RAM and hard drive.

Gracietoo

When you next get to the desktop, right-click on My Computer, scroll to Properties and click on the Advance tab. Go down to Startup and Recovery and click on Settings and when that opens a new window, UNtick 'Automatically Restart'. That will  stop the  computer from restarting when you get the next blue screen.

When you DO get the next blue screen, you need to note what it says and write it down so you can relay that information to  a techy forum ( such as this), so that other people will have some idea of where the problem lies. You might find it wearisome to  put in all the numbers, but  they are all useful,  especially the first one, and any  other information, such as a message if it is present :)
Gracie:)