• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Compaq EVO N 610 laptop problems

Started by Ira Carmichael, November 15, 2007, 08:57 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ira Carmichael

Hi everyone:

My niece is in university and is having lots of problems with her laptop which she bought used last year. It is a Compaq evo  n 610 - 4 m CPU 2.40 GHz,1.20 GHz, 512 MB of ram that is overheating all the time and won't stay connected to the internet by wireless. She paid $200 in Sept. to have a new fan installed in it. Anyone know about the answers to these problems with this particular notebook? Any guideance and help is appreciated.

Thanks

Ira
Ira Carmichael

scuzzy

The only thing that I can think of is that the overheating is being caused by some sort of blockage to the airflow. It could be that too many dust bunnies are clogging the works, in which case blowing it out will probably resolve the problem.

Also, advise your niece that the laptop should only be operated on a solid flat surface without clutter around the sides that could interfere with the airflow.

If neither of the above are the problem, I would suggest picking up a laptop cooling pad.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ira Carmichael

HI Thanks for your reply. I spoke to my niece and she took it to the Geeksquad at Bestbuy. Turns out there were more problems than just the overheating and the Harddrive was failing. So she bought a brand new one - an HP model - not sure the number. Her problems are solved for now.
She had already spent $200 to have the fan replaced. Thanks again.

Ira
Ira Carmichael