• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by n/a, December 08, 2000, 11:36 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

n/a

Hi, quantex (??)and thanks for poasting. Perhaps you should think about another member name for this forum, considering.

I've checked out the site you referenced and it looks very promising. However, ownership information is lacking. As we are understandably wary about Fountain ownership reincarnating under other corporate disguises, if you would please provide some information about who owns your company we would appreciate it.

If you're willing to do so and it checks out, I'll be glad to add it to the Quantex Help! page.

http://www2.mmind.net/bskarky/bb1c.jpg" border=0>

--Bear

quantex

Thank you for the reply. The name "Quantex" was a spur of the momment. Allow me to give you some background on the company. MCE, or Media Computer Enterprises is owned by Wesley Forrester, Dywane Jackson, Elizabeth Rian. We are 100% American Owned and ONLY focus and support laptop computers.

We started supporting 3rd party products back when Nimantics went out of business years ago. We were so frustrated by the scam, we agreed to support there existing customers. It worked out well. Not only did we increase our knowledge but the customers were for the most part satisfied with the outcome.

Some products were just too old to support. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

n/a

Thanks very much, quantex. Looks like a resource to me. Free advertising for www.portablecomputer.com has been added to the Quantex Help! page. If you don't mind, though, I'll refer to you simply as 'Tex' from now on.

We're sort of an informal group, and I hope you will either officially or on your own time drop in and visit with us. It's very possible others here will have questions.

http://www2.mmind.net/bskarky/bb1c.jpg" border=0>

--Bear

scuzzy

Well, welcome to our forum. We get a lot of folks through here with Quantex laptops that are looking for a place to turn for help. When we determine a source to be legitimate, we have no problem sending referals in that direction.

May I suggest that you give us a name to work with other than "Quantex"? You can change your name as displayed by clicking on the "Profile" link at the top right of this page. At the moment, the very name Quantex gets some folks excited, but not in a good way.

http://www.poasters.com/images/scuzzy.gif" border=0> (The real Scuzzy)
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

portablecomputer.com

I have changed my name from Quantex to mcecom. Be assured I will be checking this BBB often for questions relating to laptops and I will be more than happy to assist in any way possible.

If any of you should have questions just give me a call or post a message. Have a good weekend.

Wesley Forrester
PORTABLECOMPUTER.COM

================================

chuckcha

mcecom...

Maybe you could answer my dilemma. I want to upgrade to win2000 on my quantex I-1410 (PII-333, 64ram), but every time I try it win2000 neverinstalls properly and I have to reformat the hard drive and reinstall win98. Is it at all possible to install w2K on a mashi meant for win98 and if so, where can I get steb by step instructions? Thanks in advance for your time.

Joanie

Hi mcecom,

We are delighted to have you here and I know many of our frustrated laptop owners must be equally as happy to know there is somebody out there with parts and labor for them.

You will be  providing a great service to many who have been left out in the cold.

Joanie

portablecomputer.com

Chuckcha if you can do me a favor. Please give me the model number on the bottom of the laptop. Preferably not the quantex number. Quantex used there own numbers that are not cross compatible with the rest of the industry. I will be able to help you once I get this information. Thank you.

Wesley Forrester
PORTABLECOMPUTER.COM

portablecomputer.com

Joanie, thank you for the welcome. We are delighted to help laptop owners in need. We have extensive knowledge of Quantex laptops and there manufacturer. If it is meant to be, we can fix it or solve it.

Again, Thank you.

Wesley Forrester
PORTABLECOMPUTER.COM

chuckcha

mcecom!

The model nunber looks like TS30I

portablecomputer.com

Chuckcha...Do you know if it says 30i2, or 30i3, or just 30i. This is very important becuase they are three differant models. Thank you.

Wesley Forrester
PORTABLECOMPUTER.COM

chuckcha

It says Ts30I2

portablecomputer.com

Chuckcha, according to my information there is no indication the this model will work with Windows 2000. As a matter of fact Microsoft says it is not compatible at all according to a letter I have.

However, lets see what we can do. Where does it stop or where do you receive errors? Also, what version is your BIOS? 1.06, 1.07 or 1.08 this is also very important.

Wesley Forrester
PORTABLECOMPUTER.COM

tbhog

Hello! As a frustrated Quantex user I am now supplied with a little relief if I can find the help that I need. I bought a Quantex I-1510 laptop last year and now it appears that the battery si completely dead. The charging icon on the computer shows the battery is charging but when I unplug the AC adapter or check the battery with its own indicator lights, nothing! This problem happened during the initial warranty period and I have been trying to reach Quantex for months. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe from mcecom?

100 percent

tbhog

Additionally, the battery specs are as follows:

Model BAT-301L

Rating: 14.4 V...4500mAh

Charging current: 2.5 A

Litium-ion battery.

I would also like to purchase an additional battery and AC charger.

Thanks!

100 percent

brusharp

This is the exact problem (and the same battery) we had with our TS30I3 which we had repaired by Laptop Service King (1-800-786-4311) for $400. The invoice says "repair of main logic board". Sorry for the bad news. We even bought another battery first. Bruce

quote:

Hello! As a frustrated Quantex user I am now supplied with a little relief if I can find the help that I need. I bought a Quantex I-1510 laptop last year and now it appears that the battery si completely dead. The charging icon on the computer shows the battery is charging but when I unplug the AC adapter or check the battery with its own indicator lights, nothing! This problem happened during the initial warranty period and I have been trying to reach Quantex for months. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe from mcecom?

100 percent

portablecomputer.com

tbhog...

Most likely just the battery is defective. Most companies only offer a 3 month or 6 month warranty on the battery. So we will be unable to help you get service for the battery. We can supply you with a new one if you are interested. If for some reason which I doubt it is the machine we will be able to fix that under warranty if within the first year of purchase.

Wesley Forrester
PORTABLECOMPUTER.COM

chuckcha

mcecom...

Well, I formated the HD and started a clean install. Everything was going ok and all the files were copied to the HD. However, when win is looking for "any plug and play" devices, it stops after completing 70% of it and then the screen goes blank and the keaboard locks up. That's about it.

Anyway, thanks for your help, but I decided to stick with 98 for now, and just buy a new laptop soon.

portablecomputer.com

Chuckcha No problem, sorry I could not be of more help. IF you need drivers or antyhing else for the laptop just let us know. Thank you.

Wesley Forrester
PORTABLECOMPUTER.COM

tbhog

mcecom...

Yes, I do need another battery, actually I would like to buy two of them and an additional AC adapter.

I am concerned about the entry from brusharp concerning the problem he experienced similiar to mine. Why would the charging indicator show that the unit is charging a battery that is incapable of being charged? The ironic thing about this is, after a certain amount of time the charging icon will stop indicating that the battery is charging thus illustarting that the battery is fully charged. I hope that my problem is just the battery.

Could you let me know how much a 2 batteries and an AC adapter would be? My e-mail address is tbhog@aol.com.

Also, one other question, sometimes my screen just goes blank. You can barely see a faint display but not enough to continue working. I then have to reboot and start over. Is this normal for gel screens?

I really appreciate the help. My mind is somewhat at ease.

Todd

100 percent

tbhog

One other thing...that has me boggled:

I have tried to install a scrolling mouse and the scroll ball mechanism will not work. I went into the bios to see if I could disable the mouse pad when docked and it appears that there is no way to do it. I very rude Quantex CS rep once told me that there was no way and then hung up. Is this true? Can you have a scrolling mouse with this computer? My partner has a Dell that is similiar to mine and he has been able to install the mouse on his.

Again, thanks!

Todd

100 percent

portablecomputer.com

I will send an e-mail to you today with battery pricing information. The battery is just another communication device on that laptop. It provides power. The BIOS, and Windows talk with the battery to determine how much time is left. If the battery is not giving the correct information or NO information at all Windows will assume as we have seen in previouse models.

I am very confident it is just the battery. However, on a more important problem is your display. This is a VERY expensive item, the faded display is NOT normal and is in fact a hardware related problem. When did you purchase the unit? Maybe we can fix it before the warranty is over.

With your mouse try disabling the touchpad in the device manager and see if that works. I have seen this problem before, I will check how we solved the problem and get back to you.

Thank you for using "Poasters Computer Forum"

Wesley Forrester
PORTABLECOMPUTER.COM

John

In regards to the mouse issue.  I have a Q I-1410 notebook. I also had this issue while trying to connect a mouse to the PS2 port. First off what brand and model mouse are you trying to use and what O/S, and what port are you trying to connect to. I had problems with a Logitech first mouse + scroll mouse that would not work with the ps2 port. I finally had to use a serial port to PS/2 adapter from Logitech and installed the mouses. I used the latest Logitech mouse driver version 9.0 I uninstalled the current mouseware and then installed the Logitech driver. (remove any disks from drives) Shutdown the computer. Connect the PS2 mouse to the serial adapter then connect the serial plug to the serial port on the computer. Restart and let the computer recognize the serial device.  This sould work with any brand mouse as long as it is windows plug and play compatble. Of course you will need to use the brand name driver from whatever mouse you use.  Good Luck John

Cogito Ergo Sum

tbhog

John,

Thanks for the help. I will try what you recommended.

I have a Logitech  iTouch 1.3 cordless keyboard and mouse. My OS is Win 98.

Should I erase all of the mouse driver off the computer, reboot with the serial port plugged in and then insert the CD rom that came with the mouse and keyboard?

I am assuming your scrolling mouse works. At one point I had both mouse driver on my computer, and I was not sure how to delete all of them completely.

Again, thanks for your help.

Todd

100 percent

John

First off I have the same keyboard and mouse setup as yours on my desktop.  Here is what I have learned. The only way a mouse will work on the Quantex notebook's PS2 port is like a regular 2 buttom mouse. I tried to go into regedit and reconfigue the mouse to a three button mouse but this did not work. For some reason unknown to me a three (3) button scroll mouse be it cordless or cable will not work on a Quantex notebook PS2 port.

I even tried a Microsoft scroll mouse and it would not work on the PS2 port.  The way I got around this was to go to the device manager and remove the mouse.  Then go to start-setting then control panel remove the mouse program if any in Add Remove Programs. To do this go to Add Remove Programs in the add remove program properties scroll down until you find the mouse program and click it to highlight it. Then click remove. Once all programs and drivers have been removed then insall the driver from your new mouse. Once installed shutdown the computer leaving the disk in the drive.  Connect your mouse to the serial port using only a Logitech serial mouse adapter supplied in your kit. Restart your computer and install any program you wish associated with your keyboard.  This should work. If not contact www.logitech.com/support or the Microsoft knowledge base for answers.  Or maybe some other kind sole here could poast a better answer. If you need the latest driver Version 9.0 for this device go to www.logitech.com/cf/support/mousefiles_pc.cfm In any regards, Good luck John

Cogito Ergo Sum

tbhog

John, thanks for your help! Greatly appreciated, and I will give it a try.

mcecom, I have not heard from you concerning the batteries and AC cord yet??

Thanks to the poasters!

Todd

100 percent

John

Hi tbhog, for batteries, adapters and cords go to www.bizcom-us.com or www.3klix.com

Either one of these places will have what you need. Also consult the Quantex Help link on this site. Actually I like Bizcom better as they use the exact cover plate for the battery door and they supply drivers for your notebook.  3klix.com did not. However 3klix.com is easier to order from.  Both are good places.   Have fun, John

Cogito Ergo Sum

quantex

We deal directly with Compal. Maker of the Quantex notebooks. We can provide technical support and service, out of warranty and in warranty for any Quentex laptops. In warranty products with Quantex are free.

We are well know in the market. We have helped thousands of DPS, AMS, EPS, Nimantics, and other left in the cold customers.

Our web address is www.portablecomputer.com

We offer an extensive knowledgebase, Online RMA Status, and excellent service. //

Edited by - quantex on Dec 08 2000  03:43:39 AM