• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

One Million Recipes CD

Started by Whizbang, September 07, 2007, 14:33 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

When I gave a computer to the friend whose house burned, he decided he wanted to give me something in return, so he gave me a CD of the above mentioned menu. Next to sleeping, his favorite occupation is eating, to which his 400lb+ frame could attest.  My wife and I do not cook more than about 30 staple foods at the most, and Thanksgiving and Christmas would be required to double the list to that, but I accepted the gift graciously, although the CD will likely rot and the hard drive probably will be trashed long before I ever use the recipes.  The one item that did attract my attention was about the third from the last, "Wild 'Possum Gravy."  That immediately brought to mind the favorite quote from Jeb Clampett, "The best part about 'possum innards is that they taste as good warmed over as they did the first time." Yeah whatever.   :P

Ace

I've burned CD's, and a few DVD's, but I've never tried to burn a house.  That has got to take a long time.

Ace; would probably over-run a disk, and you'd have to go with one of those dual sided ones.
Ring bells for service.