• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

ACE IS BACK! AGAIN! criminy

Started by Ace, August 02, 2004, 07:18 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Sometimes you think he'll never leave.  

* After being infested with worms, Ace's pc is found fairly alive and well with just the daily DSO exploit 5-pack appearing.  Next time he gets bored and decides he wants to fiddle with his BIOS settings and enable his desktop to disappear and have to repair and then reinstall the dang OS (isn't that that show on the WB..?) and then have all heck break loose maybe he just oughta install the early bird, first.

* A multitude of Poaster's Children help Ace become functional again, which is even more difficult than you'd think.

* Travis and Ludd step up to the drive through window to take care of the Funny Room in the janitor's absence, filling the time with poasts such as "Where's Ace?" and "Did Ace Disappear?" and "Is Ace Gone, and Why Not?" and "Is He Coming Back? Why?" and such.  Trav remains Jester In Waiting, since we still are.

* Multiple JimS allow Humour To Reign by poasting a fine Blonde Joke after the merits of such are discussed at length, with the conclusion that Shaun and Wade's hair is much deserved.  

* A motion is made to ban at least one or 3 of the JimS for insulting an ethnic group. those being fair haired peoples, and so endangering wandering children or someone's sense of moral outrage.  A plea bargain is accepted and a sentence of probation with ok behavior enacted when it is pointed out that it's ok to make fun of blond(e) people since they can't tell, anyway.

* A vote of no confidence passes concerning Pandas not doing enough to achieve extinction fast enough.

* The Chicago Cubs pick up an All-Star Boston Red Sox shortstop, making fans wonder "how cursed can things get when you combine them..."

* Local Constable Scuzzy becomes The Reanimator by bringing his own dead poast back to life.  

* Travis brings back his original visage, bulb intact, as well as his habit of putting the entire previous poast in quotes within his own, recreating deja vu all over again.  It's about as redundant as signing your poast at the end, when it's dang obvious it's you who poasted it... Geez Louise Louise.

* Karen poasts a photo of Sting, whom Travis places in Cars and tries to run out of music business.  I guess that means Ric Ocasek was the good looking singer in the Police.

* That was the first recorded attempt in history to put "good looking" in the same sentence as "Ric Ocasek."  It won't happen again.

* Room Jester Ace heaves a sigh of resignation, having lived through the 80's and missing the last vestiges of Pop music.  Phonetically, that's spelled "Heaaauughggh."

* Trend Micro is found to drag down the Poaster's page, as much as its firewall stood idly by waving its hands while Sissy the Sassy Sasser and BoBo the Bobax Creep and Spunky the Spybot Worm infiltrated the holes in it and every part of Windows as well as Outlook and Explorer and the Vent At the Back Of Ace's Monarch last week.  

* Ace's return spurs viewership to new highs, as he reads his own poast.  

* After I get some more coffee.  Then I will.

Ace; he signed.

Ring bells for service.

pat

I guess I just wondered what it was that Ace was missing?
Oh and sorry about the Trend Micro thing, I can?t figure that one out.

Must have been pretty busy in here today for this topic to have been read over 400 times.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

scuzzy

Why anyone would want to read this over 400 times is beyond me. I might have to delete this thread just to ensure no more minds are wasted on it.

Geez - good thing we have a massive monthly access allowance with our host.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

It just goes to show my popularity, as people are lining up at their monitors to hear "The Latest From Ace."

Ha!

Heh.

Hmm...

Or it's some glitch with the accounting dept., here.  I guess that's not out of the question.  

Ok; if it goes over a Thousand or a Billion Hits by Tomorrow Morning, Then it's obvious that the Entire Web Is Tuning In To Find Out What I'm Missing!  Actually, turns out to be a lot.  I bet Google has a bunch of links, just based on "Who Missed Ace?" or "Ace=doofus" or "Who Cares?  Ace."  Or "Stinking pandas stink." or "Problem; what's Ace's?(match part or all of phrase).

Oh, Pat; don't fret the Trend Micro thing.  It at least allowed me to clean things out, until the Norton took.  It was weird; the warning pop up kept flashing "You're Under Attack from _________" and I thought it meant it was catching stuff, incoming.  Not that "We're Not Doing Squat, You Better Lock This Puppy Down Pronto" reality.  I guess that's how you learn.

Ace; me=hard way

p.s. My dang finger is starting to hurt from clicking the dang button 400 times on this stupid poast, too...
Ring bells for service.

Bill

If you took the spurs off, viewers probably wouldn't hit new highs or heights.  Besides, Texans wear spurs not Indians or Michianaians.  

Crikey, you seem to kick up trouble even when you're (you are) not here.  Or missing (something).

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Okay; I'm ready to make another go of it, here.  This poast oughta hit 5 figures today, I would think.  It'll be huge... huge; I tell ya.

Could probably call it "Poast About Nothing; Part Three."  

Well.  7 or 8, then.

Nikes with spurs... I think that'd sell.  I'd just scratch up the linoleum, but that's ok since I've gotta lay tile over it eventually anyway.  I could jingle jangle jingle plus shoot up sparks on the concrete.  That, along with being festooned with Jester accoutrements, would be sporty.

ACe; buffooned.
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

I don't understand why anyone would be interested in Ace's back. I suppose it's really hairy, but I don't find that interesting. Kinda gross, but not interesting.

Scuzzy; I once left but was never gone. Came back, but never returned.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

You were blind; but now,

are deaf.

Geez Louise.  You came back.  You clown.

We both did.  Sometimes I wonder why.  Now now, but sometimes.

Ace; it's not that dang hairy, dangit.  I mow it, periodically.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

"...and turn yourself around..." that way we wouldn't have to worry about your back or being back or left (out).  

Besides, you're right, always right, well, maybe not always but never wrong and certainly not left.

Anyone that finds blond(e) jokes funny can't be left.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Aw, Ludd.  It's nice of you to say, but I'm just a nobody.

And nobody's perfect.

Hey...

How about that?!  Cool.

ACe; I wonder where I left off.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Bet you been saving that just waiting to find an opportunity to use it -nobody, indeed.

Course, far as Poasters is concerned you ain't got nobody  no body - no, hairy or otherwise, back, no feet, no curled up toes, nothing.  Just a name, a fine name at that, but just a name and a couple of freaky stars, one of which is burned out.

But your right, not left.  No body is perfect.   :P
Or to quote Trav: " :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P "

Ace

Criminy, don't quote Trav.  Or he'll wind up quoting your whole poast just to add an "Aight!" at the end, for punctuation.

And the other thing. ::)

"Ace" is aight, I guess.  It's not hard to spell, at least.  It's better than being named after your cat, like "Scuzzy" or "Karen."  Or to go with your real name, like "Neon."  I probably woulda used "pat" but it was already taken.

"Buddy" was ok for awhile, but he died.  

Bob; I was thinking of naming myself after my house, like Igloo did.  But TriLevel just seemed too involved.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Quote from: Ace on August 06, 2004, 07:31 hrs
Criminy, don't quote Trav.  Or he'll wind up quoting your whole poast just to add an "Aight!" at the end, for punctuation.

And the other thing. ::)

"Ace" is aight, I guess.  It's not hard to spell, at least.  It's better than being named after your cat, like "Scuzzy" or "Karen."  Or to go with your real name, like "Neon."  I probably woulda used "pat" but it was already taken.

"Buddy" was ok for awhile, but he died.  

Bob; I was thinking of naming myself after my house, like Igloo did.  But TriLevel just seemed too involved.

You mean like this?

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Aight!!

Igloo

hey just cause i am cooler than yo! ;)  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Ace

Oh; would you two knock it off.  You don't need to encourage him.

I think we need to enact the chatroom rule of "poasting without saying anything whilst abusing the smiley emoticons shall be deemed sufficient reason to ban one, for all perpetuity."  

I think the more one doesn't say anything, the longer the sentence.

Ace; I've found some of my sentences wander off for quite awhile; that's why I use a lot of semicolons to haul them back.
Ring bells for service.

iansl

Quote from: Igloo on August 06, 2004, 14:55 hrs
hey just cause i am cooler than yo! ;)
According to my limited knowledge of Spanish, yo means me, myself, I, something like that.

That would mean that you would be saying...

Just cause I'm cooler than myself!

Huh...wierd...

And I agree; smileys were made for use as expression marks; you would only use many of them if you have a big point to get across, a super strong emotion to convey, or a cheesy popup to promote (which I'd've blocked with trusty ole Firefox). As such, smileys (or smilies, howevuh ya spellit) should be used piecemail or maybe two at a time...or remotely even 3 at a time..or large versions maybe, but not five, ten, fifteen at a time...

Maybe we should have options for 32x32pixel versions of the following smilies for Travis' benefit:

:) ;) :D ;D :( :o 8) ::) :P

Keep in mind the above smilies were used only for educational purposes, and that not as a 'poast as I poast' type of thing, unless you want to quote this and say 'Aight, that was great' or 'Great; I agree' but in doing so lengthen the thing out to where you may need to reel it back in with semicolons, use different sentances, and such. But no quotes with more than three smilies in a row below it and practically nothing else of anything! :)
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone

Bill

Are you suggesting that we shouldn't do this:
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)-

But this would be OK?
:) :);   :) :);   :) :);   :) :).

iansl

It's better, as you turned down the smilies a little bit, but not as good as a sentance with only one or two smilies in the whole thing, plus several words that mean something. :)
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone

Ace

Well, cheese Criminy.  I would hope I'm cooler than myself.  I mean, who isn't, you know.

I would rather refrain from using Smilees as punctuation, since I'd just as soon use punctuation as punctuation.  Not an overabundance of punctuation.  As in !!!!!! or ,,,,,.  Just the nominal portion.

As far as using words that mean something, I think I'll try to incorporate a few every poast.  Maybe go with something like "fiduciary" or "blather."

Those are good ones; chock full of meaning, too.

Ace; Maybe "explicit", used in a joke.  Or even "porcine."
Ring bells for service.