• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Linux Pioneer First Ubuntu Spinoff to Work for Me

Started by Whizbang, December 15, 2006, 20:30 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

Just when I was about to shout an Archimedes "Eureka!" over being able to install an Ubuntu Linux, actually, a Pioneer-32-Kubuntu-Ubuntu-Debian spinoff, I discovered that the video drivers are deficient.  Scrolling a page is a bit like popping a bed sheet.  The window scrolls with a ripple and continues one line at a time until the page is completely scrolled.  This all takes a verrrry long time.  Everything else is very good, so you might want to try this one, which is loaded from a Live CD first and installed only upon demand and might work perfectly on your system.  This one is unique to free edition Linux in that programs are installed via online repository, free, and with automated installer.  I am sure there are drivers available to fix the quirk in this installation; I am just annoyed that they have yet to get it all right the first time.

Whizbang

I guess Ubuntu is "done too."  I decided to put an ATI card in my computer to accommodate the contrary Linux version and was abruptly dismissed by the OS because Ubuntu could not load the proper drivers for monitor.  I got the black screen with bouncing error message that the resolution was incorrect.  This makes about eight tries to get Linux's most popular spinoff to work right, and it is the only one to show such comtempt for my system.