• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Buff is back!

Started by Bill, June 10, 2005, 15:02 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

As Scuzzy commented in another poast,  "Ace missed you but his aim is getting better."

Nice to see you poasting again.

Bill

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Buffalo2102

Many thanks Bill, it's nice to be missed.

I have been away on a management course - lots of role-playing and raft-building but not much managing going on.  The course was held in a beautiful old millhouse in the picturesque Lake District here in the UK.  The food was fantastic and utterly destroyed the diet I was on before I went.

The worst part about the whole experience though was having to put my dog, Scud, into boarding kennels while I was gone - I really missed her.  Picked her up again this afternoon though and she went crazy when she saw me.  All's right with the world again!

Buff; I missed my poasters fix too.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Ace

And I sure as heck missed those photos of

I mean, sure, I missed you.  Lots.  You should poast photos of the raft you built; perhaps it's something Cars could use if he becomes shipwrecked on his cruise and has to find a way back to Florida from some island after the hurricane comes through.

Ace; we should try role playing here.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

We already are.  You can be the Jester.  I'll be Bill.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

You've been Bill for some time now; I guess you like that character better than the other one(s).  I suppose I could try the Jester thing, but not if I have to be cheery or jovial or happy.

Oh, or funny.  If that's the case I'll just stick with the "madcapped madcap mayhemic janitor" gig.

Sometime I'd like to be Scuzzy, just so I could drive fast off the road and shoot stuff.  Plus, think how great it'd be to have a refrigerator or freezer right there in your yard on a hot day.

Ace; I don't want to be one of the British guys because then I'd have to get up way earlier every day.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

See, you are,  even when you not trying....he said with a smirk.

A Gift, no doubt, but from whom?

Bill

Ace

Yes; I would blame it on Buff's return, too.  Pandas are incapable of water travel, and could not have made the crossing from their homeland without assistance.  A panda in contact with water is much like a pair of sweat pants in a swimming pool... the bouyant absorbant soft matted material takes on water and sinks the wearer.  Actually, I would encourage the transport of pandas across the Pacific, pushing them all in midway across.  But that would result in the end of commercial fishing, let alone closing beaches in Hawaii.  If anyone could have reacted in time, pandas could have been airlifted into the Indian Ocean during the Tsunami and dropped in, absorbing the excess waves and settling the seas, if not the stomachs of the islanders.

Ace; I would not mind being Hawaiian, as it would allow me to sleep in.  Or to be a young Asian girl, except haircuts would cost money again.
Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

Unfortunately, the raft we built did not work too well.  In fact we never managed to get anybody to sit on it for more than a few seconds before they were unceremoniously dumped into the water.  Cars is welcome to it.

Blame what you like on me.  I have broad shoulders.

Buff; Scapegoat.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Ace

Yes; that could work.  Like JimS having to do all the work, and now being able to blame Everything on Buff.  This is working out pretty darn well.

JAhman is going to be awake for 2 straight days on his way back from seeing the Seoul Sister, then.  I've lost a full day in crossing Ohio.

I think Buff has portrayed the Management Ideal.  Accepting fault, and having the broad shoulders for people to lean on.  A shoulder to cry on.  A shoulder to punch, if you're playing one of those bar games.  A shoulder to do a handstand on, if you're trying out for Cheerleader.  A shoulder to bite, if you're a nearsighted vampire.  A shoulder to pat.  Hmm... I never thought of giving a shoulder to Pat.

Murphy is watering his lawn, to keep up with his semi weekly mowing.  Bev has her daughter fertilizing hers, as it was cut yesterday.  They seem unclear on the concept.

Ace; I blame Buff for breaking up Brad and Jennifer.  Lopez.  You know, if you tried to make that couple into a nickname it could be "BO."
Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

Hmmm.  Might have taken on more than I can chew here.

OK.  You can blame me for all  of the above EXCEPT the starts and planets.  Sheesh, if I was responsible for them, there's no way I'd have put them so far away!  You can hardly see them.  What's all that about?

Oh, and women.  No way am I accepting that.  The responsibility that is.  Women I will accept.  Blame for them... no.

Let's see, what else is there?  Oh, yes.....family.  Whilst I may accept blame for SOME family (my own), I will not accept blame for anyone else's, unless it can be genetically proven that I am indeed responsible.

Buff; time to put on the paternity suit.

Ace

I believe you are responsible for the starts and planets.  Maybe not the endings, but definitely the starts.  I mean, you've started a whole bunch of stuff, here.

If we did spring planting, you could handle the starts.  The planets might be a bit outside of your range, but the starts are definitely in play.  

Ace; speaking of planets, how come Goofy is a person but Pluto is a dog?
Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman.

Ok, Ok.  One tiny spelling mistake (fat fingers) and you jump all over it.  Never mind the rest of the dang poast, which was pure quality, even if I say so myself.

Yes, I did start some things here but I can't take responsibility for starting everything, including the stars.  And wars.  And the fire - even Billy Joel agrees with me there.  It was always burning, apparently.

Buff; A Job Description is required.

Ace

I would like to take this opportunity to personally apologize to Buff for his fat fingers, having probably grown lazy and bloated from disuse during soccer games, and for not doing a better job in commending him for a splendid poast that was of the highest quality and was indeed superlative in its depth, and scope, in pointing out his role in the decline of civilization and paternal role in family strife.

That was a splendid poast, of the highest quality, and a true delight.

So as not to repeat the mistakes of my past, I should also like to offer my heartfelt congratulations on his poast of Today, which continued in his high standard of pure quality and managerial expertise.  Even if he tried to claim credit for Star Wars.  Personally, if I was going to say I did that I would leave out those first two movies that followed the first 3 movies, and stick to the middle and the end of the beginning ones.

And, Buff did a marvelous job of spelling "Ok" correctly not once, but twice!

Billy Joel probably started the fire by crashing his car into something... I had the hots more for Christie Brinkley, personally, although even extreme beauty can be dimmed when surrounded by that much air in a head.

I look forward to Buff's next return, as always, and the continued production of highest quality and entertaining yet instructional poasts.  Perhaps a lesson on "how to build a raft without using your hands."  Or "why do gorillas have big nostrils? Because they have fat fingers."

Ace; I still hope someone steps up to take the blame for my family, however.
Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

Well, I'm back again.

I hear what you're saying about Star Wars.  Just when you get used to saying Star Wars trilogy, some berk goes and makes some more.  No more trilogy.  What happened to it then?  Maybe it's now a bi-trilogy.  Or a sexology.

Not much quality to this poast as it's gone midnight here now and I'm pretty tired.

Buff; Ok Ok Ok.  Quality.

Ace

I would now like to Commend Buff for poasting a very Late Night Poast of High Quality and Exceptional Entertainment Value.

It is not easy, whilst in the throes of Nocturnal Collapse, to poast something that actually appears after clicking the "Post" button.  You did wonderfully in exposing the aberrant naming conventions and chronology of the whole Star Wars serial.  Oh, and you also said "sexology" in a family forum.  I should like to print that poast as a memento, prior to your banning.

Ace; Sexology is 4 better than Biology.
Ring bells for service.