• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Networking question.

Started by ingeborgdot, August 23, 2008, 14:15 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ingeborgdot

I have two computers that I would like to be able to connect to one another if possible.  One is being used as a music and video server with my Russound Cav6.6 whole house audio video system.  The other is in the office.
The computer in the a/v room is running XP Pro SP3 and the office is Vista Ultimate 64bit.  I am connected through a 2wire router and am hard wired and not wireless.  What I want to be able to do is access music and videos off the office computer.  I would also like to control and work with a program called Casa Tunes that the A/V computer has on it.  The problem that I am having right now is that it recognizes the computers on the network but it won't let me in.  I have been able to connect before but I can't seem to now.  Is there something I might be missing?  Thanks.
Antec P182, Abit IP35 Pro, Q6600, 4GB Crucial Ballistix, Leadtek Winfast PX7900GSTDH, P & C silencer quad 750 watt, 3-Seagate Sata 500, HT Omega Claro, Altec Lansing ADA995 5.1 THX, Digital Doc 5+, 2 Samsung SATA DVD burners, Canopus ADVC50,Vista Ultimate Retail 64 Bit, Vista rating 5.9

Mark H

Did you ever get an answer to your question? You have to set up folders on the PCs as shared to allow another PC to access them.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

ingeborgdot

No matter what I did it would not work.  I reinstalled the os and it works like a charm now.  No idea what was causing the problem.
Antec P182, Abit IP35 Pro, Q6600, 4GB Crucial Ballistix, Leadtek Winfast PX7900GSTDH, P & C silencer quad 750 watt, 3-Seagate Sata 500, HT Omega Claro, Altec Lansing ADA995 5.1 THX, Digital Doc 5+, 2 Samsung SATA DVD burners, Canopus ADVC50,Vista Ultimate Retail 64 Bit, Vista rating 5.9

Mark H

I am glad you got it going.

Mark H

Mark H

Thanks for poasting that JA! It does look like a good tool. I have just done it the old fashioned way.

Mark