• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

ZALMAN ZM-NB47J

Started by pat, August 29, 2009, 06:51 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

ZALMAN ZM-NB47J

I bought this to replace a northbridge heatsink/fan on my sister's Asus A8N-E motherboard. The fan on the original cooler had become the single loudest fan on this thing. I found it very irritating and was concerned it was possibly on its last days.  

Read a few reviews and decided on the ZALMAN ZM-NB47J and am very pleased with the results. Oh, the joy of no moving parts.

Installation was straight forward although I did have to remove the motherboard from the case to release the pins that held the old chipset cooler in place. The Zalman has a very adjustable mounting situation with a couple of sliding arms and pins. They do include a small tube of white paste, I did however use a silver colored paste. The only downside is the very tiny screws and nuts used for assembly, not a big deal. It's best to do a trial run and make sure everything is aligned to fit before applying paste.

I bought this at newegg for 3.99.  
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Chandler

I've used the NB47J on a couple of boards, and its always performed well for me. Amazingly it works better than the stock heatsink with a whiny fan.