• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

!!!!!awesome computer site!!!!!

Started by foid025, August 30, 2002, 12:08 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Is this site helpful to ya'll?

yes
4 (40%)
no
3 (30%)
dont know
3 (30%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

foid025

8)Check out my computer site: http://www.vinexus.net. It'll show you everything you need to know to build or fix your own computer.  8)

Ace

Pretty good site; nice attempt to cover a range of things.

Would be nice to offer pics of internal things; fixes, plug ins, installs, things to watch for (like seating your memory correctly).  

I'd recommend Athlon, too.... not just Pentiums, personally.

A
Ring bells for service.

dcsun

That wasn't a very nice thing to say to a new member, Ace.

I agree that the site could use some polishing, and some more content wouldn't hurt, but I remember what my first site looked like.  You have to start somewhere, and it's great to see someone attempting to make a difference on the internet.

Ace

You're right.  I apologize. I didn't see it was your site, Foid. I thought it was just one you came across and were sharing.  

Good try; keep it going.  The topic is definitely of value to people shopping for pcs and trying to keep theirs functional.

ACe
Ring bells for service.

pat

Yeah Ace, you should go hang your head someplace.
(Hang on I?ll get you some rope.)

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

escapee

QuoteVinexus.net uses pictures and short paragraphs rather than long boring explanations. Have fun learning to assemble your dream machine...

Dont know about you but i saw very few pics and short(ish) paragraphs, and if people dont really know what a piece of ram or a motherboard looks like surely its safer and better all round to either do some research into it first or just buy one ready assembled.

Saying that, i guess it holds some informative material so i will be lenient and vote dont know.

escapee

Joanie

Picking up Pats rope and playing skip rope with Ace. I found only useful suggestions in Aceio's Poast, nothing to hang his head for at all.

Joanie

Bubba

wait a minute,,,,,,,,,,, who ever said Ace had a head ???, he is a living entity that knows no common body parts, he is: "The Master" !
Like Grandpa used to say, "maybe there ain't nothin' wrong, but, somethin' aint' right."

Joanie

That sure is a good looking picture of you Bubba, love the hat.

Joanie

Ace

Bubba is one good looking guy, you bet.  He's east of me, in the woods of Illinois.  

As far as me; I am a figment of your imagination.  An idiot savant.

Pick a card, any card.  
Dustin Hoffman will play me in the movie of my life.  Maybe Scuzzy will provide film footage of an fdisk, for
Foid to include on his site.  I could use that.  
Show me what it looks like to go into my registry and mangle it beyond recognition...

I do like the idea of photo journalism... I think that will help PC afficianados really see what they're getting into.  Maybe, once I get a digital camera, I can take pics of my duct taping my new PC shut so that I don't access anything sensitive.

I am of an uncommon body.  Thank goodness.  Otherwise, sure, I'll skip rope with Pat.  I can do a hundred easy.  
Ring bells for service.

foid025

Okay, thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Joanie

Hey foid025,

Welcome to Poasters and Thanks for sharing your new website with us. Your doing great and we enjoy having you here.

Joanie

foid025

K. Roberts

I think the second message should include the poll. When I voted I thought you were talking about Poasters.com I did look at your site and am sure it will be very helpful to a beginer.
Keith