• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Ace's Done Deal

Started by Ace, June 18, 2006, 10:31 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Okey doke; thanks for the followup.  I'm down to the last piece of which I know NOTHING.

(ok, I know I don't know much more than nothing on the other parts, either...).  But anyway, I'll likely pack up the Mag CRT monitor with the old unit (if I rescuscitate it).  So will likely go with a new monitor for the new unit.  Thing is, there sure aren't CRT's out there... (at least not for view).  Why I've kept with that is low purchase price and flexibility in being able to set resolution for gaming.  But my guess is I'm going to go with an LCD...now.

I know they have a native resolution; may I ask
CAN you reasonably set them at other resolutions if you want to, or need to (let's say an older game, or knocking it down to play one better..)?  Or are they just not right if you try that?

Is it best to get the highest possible native resolution?  Guess I'm wondering if getting one at 1024 might be preferable to say 1280, if the first is more capable with a game (and doesn't "over do" it)....?

I definitely want to keep it sub-$300, and hopefully 250 and down.  I did find a 19" ViewSonic for 199 at Office Depot (rebate).  Think it's at 1024 native.  I'll go with the 7600 GT nvidia card, so any other recs as far as what to look for?  I won't do TV viewing or DVDs or 2 screen or anything goofy; just basic monitor stuff.  So far Circuit City has the best selection, other prices.  Appreciate tips on this, especially because I just have not studied them (but probably will start now...!).  And especially advice on switching from CRT to LCD.

Ace; ok, I'm now leaving the building again.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

My experience is limited, but my first was a 17" LG Flatron with a 12ms(?) response rating.  I am pleased with it and recently replaced my old CRT with a second LG 17" Flatron with an 8ms response.  The new one seems slightly faster than the old, but I might be imagining it.

The native resolution on both is 1280 but I run both at 1024 because the stuff on the screen just seemed too small.  I have had no problem with either at that setting.

The first one came from best buy, the second from Newegg at about $250.  The LG 1780Q is on sale for $209.

Samsung seems to be a fovorite of many, however.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Carskick

Sams Club has good no rebate deals on LCDs. The Smasung 17" I bought is now $199, down from the 250 I paid months ago. They have a 19" DVI 1280 Samsung for less than $250 I believe as well. We have a viewsonic at the store, which is nice, but I prefer the Samsung for it's sleekness and better color. You should be good with Samsung, LG, ViewSonic, and many others.
Athlon64 X2 3800+ Machester@2.45Ghz, 4x1GB A-DATA PC3200@204(2.5-3-3-6), XFX 8800GT, ASUS A8N5X NF4, Antec 300 case, Antec EarthWatts 650w, 640GB 16MB and 200GB 8MB 7200RPM SATA WD HDDs, NEC3540, NEC3550, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate<br />Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/Carskick

scuzzy

My favorite are Samsung. The 20" SyncMaster 204B I purchased was in the low $500 range, but it was worth every penny to me. The native resolution for this beast is 1600x1200, which is where I keep it.

I'd suggest a Samsung 19" with 1280x1024 resolution, with the quickest response time that you can afford. 8ms or less is ideal for gaming, but keep in mind each manufacturer has a different idea of how to measure response time. A "hands on" review will be helpful here.

If you go with a 17", then 1024x768 native might be best for that smaller screen.

All LCD monitors perform best at their native resolution, which will automatically be the highest resolution for that monitor. Changing to a lower resolution will degrade the picture to some degree. Some monitors do better than others in this area, but it will always be a degraded picture. As for some games that I have tried, the lower resolution required still looked fine.

If at some time in the future you go with WinVista, then the higher resolution will be to your benefit. Vista supposedly will adjust fonts appropriately, regardless of resolution. This will prevent you from having to squint to read the tiny fonts.

You should go for a DVI connection, even if you have to invest a few dollars more. That will ensure the best picture possible and will be a great match for the 7600GT.

Also, don't rule out the widescreen models. Take a look to see if you can find something you like.

Many LCDs have a glossy coating that irritates me to no end. I hate using those monitors with any sort of light behind me because it looks like I'm typing into a mirror. However, some people love them. Whatever, I hate them and see them as a waste of money. But to each his own. If you like the glossy coating then by all means get one.

Also, consider getting your monitor from a local store with a good return policy. If the monitor does not perfectly suit your needs it will be much easier to return as opposed through the UPS/FedEx route.

You may find this useful: PC Magazine 19" LCD Reviews

The reviewed ViewSonic VX924 may be up your alley.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Carskick

GLossy coating works great at LAN parties where the lights are low.  :D

Anyways, I agree, the glossy coating causes glare, even worse than most CRTs. I would not pay extra for it. I believe the laptop I ordered came with it, but it was not an option to not get it. I had a stuck pixel on my relatively new samsung, but a few flicks on the panel made it like new again.  ;D
Athlon64 X2 3800+ Machester@2.45Ghz, 4x1GB A-DATA PC3200@204(2.5-3-3-6), XFX 8800GT, ASUS A8N5X NF4, Antec 300 case, Antec EarthWatts 650w, 640GB 16MB and 200GB 8MB 7200RPM SATA WD HDDs, NEC3540, NEC3550, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate<br />Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/Carskick

Buffalo2102

I agree about the glossy coatings.  One of the advantages of having a wireless home network is that you can sit in the garden on a fine day and surf/work using a notebook.  This is virtually impossible with my Gateway notebook though as it has a glossy screen.  All you can see is yourself and your surroundings reflected in it :(
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Ace

I definitely don't want to see myself in my monitor...

I picked up an LG Flatron 19" that was on sale at Best Buy until Saturday.  It has a fast response and extreme contrast so trust it'll work.  It's in the box, and will probably remain until I build a computer around it.  It's supposed to have an "anti-glare" coating, so hope it's the opposite of the high-vis glossy sheen.  I can control the ambient lighting in the den anyway, so hope it doesn't get shimmery.  Glad to know about the DVI hook-up; that was a dealbreaker on a lot of them.

Definitely easier to get one of those home than a CRT.  

Ace; now to immerse myself in memory....

Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

I've got the 17" Flatron myself and can't fault it.  Hope you enjoy yours as much.

Buff; nurse..... the screens!
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

scuzzy

Last year, I bought a 19" LG Flatron (1980Q) for my daughter. It was a beautiful monitor that produced a stunning picture. I believe the response time was 8ms. Anyway, it's been serving her quite well. Although it was pricey at the time (over $500), I have no regrets.

So, which model did you get? The L1932TQ w/4ms refresh? Or the Elite L1970HR w/2ms refresh? No doubt that you'll be pleased with either one.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

It's the 1932 with the 4 ms refresh rate.  Believe me, once I get the new pc and hook this thing up I'm going to time it.  It dang well better refresh as promised.  It was $269, and that seemed to be as good as any online price.  Didn't see anything like it retail locally...  I did like the picture on Sonys but the things don't tilt or adjust at all.  

Guess I'll move on to keyboard and mice and antiviruses.  Will go with AVG or TrendMicro.  Wanted to get another Logitech keyboard, as I've like this, but don't want to go wireless but DO like USB for the connect.  Looks like Circuit City has the Media Express Elite version that would work for me.

HEY: on the subject of antispyware:  Does PCillin allow one to NOT do the firewall?  I had a mess of a time when I installed that a couple years ago, in getting it to let me connect (and allow anything OUT).  I'd like to have an antivirus on disk, so I can install without going online, and Trend Micro does have theirs locally but AVG is electronic/download based (can get a CD after the fact).  Same with the BitDefender: electronic.  If I need to I can do that/burn it...

Ace; happy 5th of July.  Everywhere.

Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

PCCillin is very friendly these days and it's easy to turn the firewall off if you want to.  I find the current version very easy to use though and haven't had any problems with allowing things in/out.  The good thing about PCCillin is that it is a single solution for firewall, AV, antispyware, antiphishing etc.  If you don't want the whole package then you're probably better off going with separate solutions like Avast and Zone Alarm.  This has the added benefit of being free.

Buff; Gratis

Ace

"Gratis"... that must be Italian for "we're in the World Cup Finals And You're Not."  

Glad to hear Trend Micro's PCillin is adjustable.  Like I said, I can actually get that locally on disk and have it "ready to load" when the new PC arrives.  Their site always throws me as it's hard as heck to JUST locate the antivirus product and not the whole shebang.  

I will likely go with Monarch again just because they did well with the last one on options and assembly (for $75).  Last configurator I did I went with Sonata II Antec case (figuring 450 watts is going to be rec for SLI) and Patriot "gaming" 800 memory at 2 gigs (low latency).  It's a chunk of change but being dual channel you need to start with 2 identical sticks anyway, and figure it oughta wind up with 2 gigs eventually so may as well just have it come that way.  That was the whole AMD2 point, after all.

I'll probably have a monitor, and keyboard and mouse that I can hook up and play with soon...  Oh, and the printers.

Ace; maybe I can load a game on the printer, and just play it hard copy
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

PC World recently tested several antivirus programs. Here's the chart summary of how they fared: PC Word AV Testing

If you take a look, you'll see that AVG and Trend Micro PC-cillin did poorly in comparison to the others. Norton was in the middle, and BitDefender knocked everyone's socks off. Of the free offerings, AntiVir Personal did best. I was surprised to see McAfee came in second, although it was a distant second to BitDefender.

I recently downloaded Kaspersky 6 through NewEgg for $24.99. PC World gave Kaspersky 5 a hit for the interface, but version 6 made some apparently needed improvements. Others who are experienced with version 5 appear much happier with version 6. I have never seen version 5, but I have no issues with version 6's interface.

One very nice thing about Kaspersky 6 is that the trial version is excellent. It's a full 30 day license with no restrictions, and without the "in your face" reminders that you're using a trial version. The trial license is so good that I recommend using it for the full 30 days before updating it to the purchased one year license.

You might also take a look at Scot Finnie's testing of antivirus programs: Scot's Newsletter. He didn't like BitDefender because he had some issues with how it performed with Eudora Mail, and he gives an interesting perspective on how an antivirus program should work.

I recommend against the single package solution, since no single product excels in all areas. But if this is important to you, consider ZoneAlarm Antivirus plus Firewall for $19.95, then separately install SpySweeper or Spyware Doctor (see below).

I continue to use ZoneAlarm (free version) for my firewall protection, although I've been using Comodo 2.0 Firewall on my laptop for about a month now. ZoneAlarm is considered by many as bloatware, since it has grown really fat. Comodo is "slim and trim" compared to ZoneAlarm, but it is as effective, as well as free. Comodo works fine for my laptop, but I've noticed that it tends to be on the slow side in training program access. Comodo also uses a "Launch Pad" that provides access to the firewall and other services. It's only slightly bothersome in that you have to take the extra step to get to the firewall. However, it's harmless and doesn't contain any sort of crapware. Overall, Comodo has a nicely polished interface.

For spyware, I recommend purchasing either Spyware Doctor or SpySweeper. Both are highly rated and self-maintaining. I purchased SpySweeper for my daughter's system, and I liked it enough to install it in my main system. I downloaded it through NewEgg for $21.75 per license, but for some reason NewEgg gives you the 3.x version. Fortunately, it is easily updated to version 4.5.

If "free" is important, then I recommend Ad-Aware SE Personal, Spybot Search and Destroy, Spyware Blaster, and Windows Defender. Using those four have kept my systems clean, but they require a lot of maintenance on my part. Because of that, I'm going to purchase SpySweeper for the rest of my systems.

One of the best freebies available is WinPatrol. I highly recommend this excellent utility. I love it for its excellent monitoring of startup programs. It's the first program I found that was able to easily tame QuickTime's agressive insistance on installing at startup. Quote from their site:

QuoteAs a robust SECURITY MONITOR, WinPatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol PLUS includes our unique, patent pending R.I.D. technology.

As a MULTI PURPOSE SUPPORT UTILITY WinPatrol replaces multiple system utilities with its enhanced functionality. Explore deep into your system and understand what programs are installed and why. WinPatrol PLUS provides easy to understand descriptions of over 10,000 programs.

Although SpySweeper has a good startup monitoring tool, I disabled it in favor of WinPatrol's offering. I haven't tried WinPatrol's Plus version, but I will likely upgrade in the near future. I don't have a real need for the Plus version, but I think so highly of WinPatrol that I want to help support the company.

freelance

do you not think that pc world rated the free stuff like avg poorley because they are free.?
ok so the following is my pc:
asus M2N4-SLI, athlon X2 5000+ cpu, geforce 7600GT , 80gb MAXTOR SATAII hdd, 4gb ddr2 ram, silverstone edumon (google it and u'll find it!!!) sata dvd rw dual layer, 6x usb 2, and tv card (with video recorder ps2 etc)

scuzzy

I guess I'm not that skeptical.  :)

Over the years, I've found PC World to be fair in their reviews. Heck, just look at the black eye they gave Norton. You also can't miss that the free Avira AntiVir Personal bested PC-cillin.

Carskick

I have disagreed with them several times before. AVG is far superior to both McAfee and Norton IMHO. Many computers that had the former had troubles fixed after removing the two. AVG removes and prevents much of the stuff the others do not. AVG is also much less obtrusive, and requires less system resources.

My favorite anti-spyware programs are free. The ones you have to pay for do not seem any more effective to me. With the trio, I have removed and prevented enough to have all my computers not have any spyware related problems.

scuzzy

I certainly don't think PC World is the final authority. I too have my own thoughts on certain reviews, and I too sometimes disagree. But I don't have a reason to believe that their testing isn't fair across the board for the products they rate.

I do wish reviewers would spend more time on the things that are important to many users. As you mentioned, some products are bloated resource hogs. Even if they rate well, I'd rather not install them on my system. An 800 lb gorilla might do a slightly better job at protecting my house than say a rotweiller, but I'd rather have the rotweiller.

I agree that the free antispyware offerings do an excellent job. Unfortunately, they require more user input to keep them updated, etc. However, I believe that either SpySweeper or Spyware Doctor is the best solution for the average person that doesn't want to constantly worry about keeping 3 or 4 products updated.

My daugher is a perfect example of a person who simply wants her computer to work. She isn't interested in which the best of anything, and she doesn't want to do scans or updates. She just wants the stupid thing to work when she turns it on.

Most computer users fall into the same category as my daughter. The rest of us are geeks who probably needlessly torture ourselves with our obsession.

Carskick

Quote from: scuzzy on July 10, 2006, 00:03 hrs
I agree that the free antispyware offerings do an excellent job. Unfortunately, they require more user input to keep them updated, etc. However, I believe that either SpySweeper or Spyware Doctor is the best solution for the average person that doesn't want to constantly worry about keeping 3 or 4 products updated.

That is a very good point. Many of my customers end up never updaing or running any of the anti-spyware programs I install, even if I give them a walkthrough or written instructions. They all want something automatic. However, automatic means always running, and slows down the computer. Even if a program takes 5MB of RAM all the time, that is too much for me. And some of my customers only have 128 or 256, so recource hogs are out of the question. Also, some of my users only have 56k, so auto updaters can be irrating, requiring dialing in when they may not want to.

I would like a program where they could click an icon, and the program would update, scan, immunize and delete with no user input. That way, any user could do it as they wanted. In fact, I have considered writing a script once I learn C++ or visual basic where the user could click a file, and it would automatically update and run Spybot, Adaware, and SpywareBlaster. Ease of use, power, and freedom.

But you are very correct that some of the pay programs are easier for average people to use, though most average computer users are willing to learn the basics required for those programs. It seems only those who are scared of computers will not do it.

Buffalo2102

QuoteI agree that the free antispyware offerings do an excellent job. Unfortunately, they require more user input to keep them updated, etc. However, I believe that either SpySweeper or Spyware Doctor is the best solution for the average person that doesn't want to constantly worry about keeping 3 or 4 products updated.
Which brings us back to a single solution again.

I agree that no single solution excels in all areas but for me PCCillin has excelled as an all-rounder.  Since I have been using the full solution (more than two years) I have not had the need for any of the adware, spyware, start-up control programmes that you mentioned and that I used to have cluttering up my system.  I simply install it and forget about it.

Ace

Actually, I just meant having just an antivirus.  And ideally on disk.  I'd just as soon go with the Windows firewall.  I'll definitely check out Kapersky and BitDefender; TrendMicro is the only one available retail that isn't Norton or MacAfee...  I'd just rather be set with all protective devices before I go online, than having to go online to get them.  

I've liked the Spybot and Adaware combo, and I've got Webroot as part of Earthlink as an additional scan.  I like picking and choosing what to scan (between spyware, and viruses).  This time I might actually pay for a spyware product.  

So is AVG free, forever?  I thought you had to buy it (and they were to do a 2 year license).  

Glad you guys hashed this out!
Ace; I don't know what a spy wears; I guess black, or white.
Ring bells for service.

Allie-Baba

Ace:  I don't see a specific response to you "native" resolution - and it appears that you may have pulled the trigger on one already - but, here goes.

As mentioned - the "native" resolution is the maximum resolution one will get on the monitor.  However, more then that, it's really a 1:1 mapping pixel for pixel, ignoring the color aspect, of the resolution set on the PC.  Where this becomes an issue is that the LCD monitors must correct internally for any differences between their native resolution and the resolution the PC is set at.

Running at "native" resolution will always not only give you the best image, i.e., no pixelation, etc.  but will also give you the best performance.  All monitors reference their speed, brightness, etc. in native resolution.

(This is my interpretation from the documentation that came with my Viewsonic 19+" Widescreen monitor that I love BTW.  Color and brightness is great and I love the simple black surround.  You do give up some effective height against a 19" non-widescreen FWIW but that is minor.  Only thing I wish it had might be page rotation and a stand that rotated in the x-direction as well. Not just up-down.  Given that it came with the DVI cable though I'm happy.)

THNX
BRAD
"I had  something to say here, but then I forgot"

Ace

ThaNKS, Brad.  I hadn't heard it explained like that, so I appreciate the feedback.  Makes sense.

I've had about the most mediocre CRT setup imaginable, so I'm sure this will be an experience.  Gonna be "sensory overload" to have a new pc, new keyboard, new mouse, new monitor...  New desk, even.  

Not even Faux Scandinavian.  

Sorta Swedish-modern, actually.  What a difference.

Ace; I'll have to watch Last of the Mohicans on it, to see what the native resolution is.
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

More thoughts from Scot's Newsletter on antivirus programs (Part IV).

Ace

Ok, I read that too.  Man, it's like everyone has an opinion about Antivirals.  

I can get an AMD 64 3800+ for @$140... should I do it now or wait to see if the double cores drop?  Will single cores drop, too, lower than that...?  Oh, the suspense.

Ace; I'm chompin' at the bit, here.
Ring bells for service.

Allie-Baba

Ace - pull the cord, fish or cut bait, pull the trigger, pay your dime and just get started (notice I didn't say the other word), put the pedal to the metal, the light changed it's time to go, ...........  ;)

Your like me - it's hard with the PC environment the way it is.  All I can say is, in the end, it probably won't matter much either way. Prices are always going down (except for a few years ago with memory) on PC equipment so you just need to find your "pain vs. pleasure" point.  The performance you want at the price you want to pay.  What ever gets you there get it.  If there is a major step improvement later or a price drop - well the heck with them.

This little 64K Timex PC here is all I'll ever need :).

BTW - if Canadians are Americans, and Brazilians are Americans, and Mexicans are Americans, and us, a ..... ahem, Americans (I don't have another name for me, U-S-Ans?) are Americans........ Then does Canada have Native Americans or Native Canadians?  But that's another topic for another post on another Discussion.

THNX
BRAD
"I had  something to say here, but then I forgot"

Ace

I suppose if they came over the landbridge from Asia and the Europeans arrived from Africa or the mideast and same for the Asians as they headed north or sideways or wherever that garden was, or Babylon... I think we could all be referred to as

well, Earthlings.

I guess that's where Earthlingk came up with the ISP name.  I know what you mean about fish or get off the pot.  Unless it's shooting them in a barrel, which seems to be suggested.  I definitely don't have money for a gun, though, if I gotta get a new computer.

You know, back in the Days of Quantex I decided to "act fast" (hastily...) and order my Quantex during the Christmas Rush to catch the dying days of Windows 95 r.2 and not wait for Windows98 and had the very first AGP configuration that no one could tell was actually working or not due to the PCI bridge thingy and I got it without any of the software disks so nothing was really installed or would work, until weeks later when they came unless you think getting page fault errors is desired.

So, I like to wait just long enough and not too.  That works for me.

Ace; it won't be pain until  I get that credit card bill.  

Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

The WinXP firewall is a "better than nothing" proposition, but not your best bet. It only monitors incoming artillery, not the enemy from within.

Bill

I would second Scuzzy's opinion about the imprtance of the outbound aspects of a firewall.  

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

scuzzy

And I third my opinion.

What's this garbage about giving Monarch $75 to build your computer? You ain't getting out of this that easily, Bubb... You're building this box with our help whether you like it or not. And you're going to pay each of us $75.

Look at this great $25 heatsink from NuevosHuevos: Artic Freezer 64. PC Mag used it for their "Biggest/Badest/Fastest/Meanest/Most Wicked PC Ever" build.

Don't forget YourMama's advice to look here for good deals on Antec B stock cases. And ingeborgdot recommends looking at Ajump.com, which so far has a decent rating from ResellerRatings.com.

Scuzzy; I am unanimous in that

Ace

In my previous life (2 years ago) when I attempted a foreign firewall the thing jumped on everything I tried to access and get to and blocked me perfectly, so it was the worst case scenario (as is described on some, in the reviews).  I got so fed up with it I uninstalled it as the user interface seemed opposite of what it wanted to know.  

Ace; I'm not like N. Korea and planning to drop a missile on myself.
Ring bells for service.