• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

My New Computer

Started by technique, January 20, 2004, 10:22 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoot

Cyberpower is of course mainly for people to order rigs. There you can actually get a nice rig for about the same cost that you would pay at newegg, of course you would need to add shipping. But the parts are retail mostly. If I were ordering a brand new rig and simply did not want to hunt down the parts I would go that route (as a customer).

Allie-Baba

Technique - Welcome to poasters.

Have you tried the video in/out capture features of the card as yet? Can you comment on the quality please?

THNX
BRAD
"I had  something to say here, but then I forgot"

Rick G

Nice case, very similar in purpose to my other system with an Antec LanBoy.  I'm sure you will be tidying up the cables and while your at it a really trick cheap mod is to go to your auto parts store and pick up some "Mothers" aluminum polish and polish the inside of the case, really sets off the lights and did I mention cheap?
MSI 865PE-NEO@-LS
P4  2.4c @ 3.01
Geil Ultra Platinium 2 x 256 PC3500
MSI FX5700-vtd128
Maxtor HDD 60 gig
Lite on cd
Asus cd/rw
Ultra 500 watt psu
Cheiftec Dragon alum case w/custom side window
led fans (7)
Cold cayhode.
Interior of alum case polished to mirror finish

trav

Quote from: technique on January 31, 2004, 23:55 hrs
well in those photos i was using xp pro now im using longhorn alpha

One question, Microsoft leaked LongHorn and since they did it for person's testing, it wouldnt be illegal to have it right?
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

query

No, they put it out for Alpha testing.  Use of it is bound by a nondisclosure agreement - if you've signed onto MS's test program, you're covered.  If you obtained it any other way, you are not.

trav

Oh! Well thats cool because i got it through the MS test program :)

LH build#4051
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Chandler

Even if you are on the test program, you shouldn't use it as your main operating system or for any important work.  Longhorn is far from finished (I have no interest in trying it) and pretty buggy.  Running it just to be "ahead of everyone else" is stupid.

I wasn't even aware that Longhorn Build 4051 was available for Beta testers, unless you have an MSDN subscription.

trav

Yeah I acctually have it in VMWare and it actually run's very well :)

andypress

What resolution is that camera?  Those pictures are amazing!
"Nick Burns, the company' s computer guy. He'll fix your computer, then he's gonna make fun of you, Cause he's Nick Burns, your company's computer guy!