• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by n/a, August 03, 2001, 07:44 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

n/a

My friend JMister has it and reported here on it a few months ago.

He still loves it, but has occasional problems with it. Note it's the older version, which DirecPC isn't making anymore. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you e-mailed him for a more long-term opinion on it.

When the competition between Starband and Hughe's DirectPC (if any competition ever develops) brings the price down on the newer satellite dual-upload\download hardware AND monthly service, I intend to jump on it with both feet.

I'm trying to be patient, I really am.

http://www.poasters.com/images/bear.gif" border=0>

da5id

Hello Gene,

The reason I moved your poast down here is because we're trying to reserve the first three forums for PC problems and suggested repairs. The Poast Office is pretty much for everything else. But, it's really not a big deal. Please poast wherever you feel is appropriate at the time. We are still trying to figure out the best way to manage the forums.

da5id

No problem...better you than me trying to figure everything out and still not step on toes.

scuzzy

Gene,

I just realized that instead of replying to your poast (Aug 5, 11:35), I accidentally overwrote it. Unfortunately, the admins have the "Reply To" and "Edit" icons right next to each other, and it makes it too easy to make this kind of mistake. To make it worse, the Edit screen pops up looking almost exactly like the Reply screen, with only one button renamed.

Okay, that' my excuse and I'm sticking to it. But, I am sorry I stomped on your poast.

http://www.poasters.com/images/scuzzy.gif" border=0>

Alex Garcia
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

da5id

I live in city limits of LA, CA.  No DSL or cable broadband is availaible yet.  DirectPC satelite is.  Anyone use it or know someone who does?

-Gene

This topic moved to Hardware Reviews by Bear, in honor of Gene's input in the creation of this forum. Thanks, Gene!