• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

The Floor Show

Started by Ace, April 18, 2005, 11:06 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

I suppose I could, but you mispelled "food's."

I haven't done anything resembling Kippers.  Not Mel Kiper or Yom Kippur or anything of that sort since the time I got anchovies on a pizza for Lent and then tried to kill the stench with BBQ sauce, making a

well, one goshawful mess.  It was like one of those snacks they serve on Fear Factor.

Ace; I suppose somewhere they serve dog, for breakfast.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

My no wait,THE dog gets served breakfast. He'd make a mess if he did it himself.
Also probably gain about 10 lbs a week if left to his own devices.

Bill; food budget killer.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

I know you love that puppy and want him for your own, and he loves you so, too.

Ace; you can tell because he hasn't eaten you, yet.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Yeah, right.

Back to short poasts.

Bill;
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Ring bells for service.

Bill

Hey! None of that web lingo. Took me a couple of trys to figure that out, FWIW.

Dang!

Bill;  the semicolon key and the ' ( who can spell it) should be reversed.  Then "don;t" wouldn;t  look like that every time I type it

Ace

Shr. F U say so.

Im gtn prty gd at this.  F I say so.

ROTFLMHOOMSJB

Ace; web lingo is so erudite.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

"ROTFLMHOOMSJB"  if you say so, I agree.
I am not even going to try.  Leave it to the Ianian to create a new language.

'course if that catches on, you're going to have trouble flying.

Speaking of bad juju, we took the hellhound on a road trip today.  Never one to be content with what others do, sticking his head out the window wasn't enough.  He insisted on driving.....   The vet loved him, I offered to leave him for their enjoyment,  they declined.

Billl;  now known as scarface.

Ace

With some training, I bet Fido could make a McDonald's run and get a couple McMuffins and coffee for you guys.  

You'd probably get a nice, torn bag out of it, at the end.

I don't fly.  Criminy, I've never flown.  Never could dunk, either.  Been on a train, and just drive everywhere.  Well, not "on" the train; in the train.  Not a hobo or anything like that.  I wouldn't know how to tie that bag on the end of the stick, like they do.  Probably couldn't get a good fire going in barrel, either.

Ace; I have a limited skill set.
Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

Anyway, getting back on topic......

My back room floor last year was very badly laid stone that had been varnished.  So I ripped it up....

Note the old PC case blocking a hole in the old doors and the cat wondering why the heck she lives here.  Note also, the terrible damp on the back walls.
Don't note the state of the back garden though.......

I laid a new concrete floor and then topped it with new limestone tiles.  The walls have been replastered and the damp problem cured.

Still haven't got around to the garden though.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Bill

That's an impressive make-over.  
Did you replace the glass in the doors?

What did you do about the "damp" problem before you plastered?

Bill

Buffalo2102

The old wooden doors have been replaced with UPVC double-glazed ones.

Most of the damp was caused by a large hole in the roofing felt.  I took the roof tiles up and replaced the felt.  Also had the complete house damp-proof course re-done.  I knocked off the old plaster and then covered the walls with a waterproof layer and then skimmed.

This house project has been going on for nearly 3 years now, just working weekends and some evenings.  I'm getting to the end of it now and will tackle the garden this spring.  I intend to have a load of friends around for a Sunday and they will all help me "blitz" the garden in the morning and then I will treat them all  to a barbecue in the afternoon.  That's how a lot of projects get done around here.

I've gone through loads of PC bits just because of the dust!
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Ace

I look forward to your invite, Buff, and look forward to blitzing your garden.

I can't say I know what "blitzing" is, but I look forward to it.  If it takes a lot of beer to prepare, then blitzing your plants would be a welcome relief, after.  I know Blitzen is lightning, too.  If it involves charging your plants, then as long as it's DC I'm good with it.  In the NFL a blitz is a rush toward the quarterback, so if we're charging your plants in that manner that's ok, too.  I hope they're not timid plants and will not cower under the increased defensive pressure.

I'm glad my floor-over didn't resemble your before/during shot.  That must have been a mess.  I'm thinking if you're damp proofing the roof and replacing whatever that felt is, we could all go up and blitz up there, too.  That'd be something to see.

Send more photos.  I'd be glad to help with the BBQ, too.  I like to marinate, first.

Ace; and during.  I gotta go blitz, now.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Hey, Easter is over.

Combiing Ace and Buff yields a Fool with an English accent.

Enlisting cohorts for tasks is a smashing idea.  We've had Tree-Trimming Parties,  and Spring House Cleaning Parties.  Coming soon will be the Walk the Hellhound Marathon, although I fear that will happen only once.

I asked about the doors because the before and after looked the same.  
Nice job all-around.

Bill