• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Toshiba Satellite 2430-201 Online Noise

Started by habiibak, April 27, 2003, 08:52 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

habiibak

My laptop has a continuous high-frequency noise when online.  When I scroll, it goes away, when I stop scrolling, it comes back.

Any ideas out there?  Help!

query

Does the problem continue when you connect an external monitor and shut off the display?  If not, it may be you have a display inverter that is going bad, or that the backlight is beginning to fail.

If it continues even with an external monitor, chances are you have a video chip on the mainboard (or a video card if it's got a removeable one) that is beginning to fail (the high pitch is from an oscillation in the chip that should not be there.

habiibak

This only seems to happen when it?s being used online (ISDN connection)  and not when offline.   The machine was purchased a month ago here in Germany....  It?s actually my neighbor?s machine (German)... he?s checking right now if it continues when logged on through the normal low-speed telephone connection...

Thanks for the reply, though, and if you have any more ideas... he can?t see, to get in touch with any of the German toshiba support people.