• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Advice on which Motherboard monitoring program to use

Started by halokid, February 07, 2007, 08:48 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

halokid

MBM 5 does not support my motheboard. so i was wondering if somebody could reccomend any program. Will need it to see the max loads and idles when stressing cpu and perhaps gpu.

Buffalo2102

If you are looking to monitor temperatures then use Core Temp (free download).  This reads the temperature directly from the CPU die, rather than motherboard sensors which tend to be less accurate.  Intel TAT does the same but only for Intel processors and I think you have a AMD CPU?

If you are overclocking, I also recommend using CPU-z for checking CPU and memory speeds, voltages etc.

Orthos is a good stressing program.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Neon

Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

halokid

ya i have an AMD cpu... im running into instability whilst overclocking my cpu from 2.2ghz to 2.6, last stable clock was 2.53.. im getting pretty close to fx-55 speeds. I just wanna make sure that its not temperature at all

these are the suspects so far....

*bios reading on vcore-(auto) shows a tad undervolt
*i dont see any clock lock in the bios to keep other hardware at 200mhz
*ht is at 4x (230mhz), maybe if i lower ht to 3 it will stabalize

halokid

I think my pci bus is overclocking with my cpu overclock
the memory  divider  is at 166@176 the cpu is at 225mhz
Im not sure my  mobo can lock the pci frequiencies to stop them from overclocking as well... so far i cant find the common used words for  pci lock un my bios settings.. im not sure if theres another word im looking for or a work around.

there are various ht options 5x to 1x
ht nb-->sb 4x
    sb-->nb 4x