• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by n/a, November 09, 2000, 13:27 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

n/a

Hey, Carol.

After what you've been through, this place should be a piece of cake!

Everything else to learn about poasting is just the icing anyway.

Joanie

Hi Carol,

Am I glad to see you here. I believe you are our third Poaster. Congratulations.

Joanie

quote:

Made it here.  Now I just have to figure it all out.

Carol

Thanks. One more thing to learn.  But it doesn't look to hard.  Just quite a bit different than the old way of poasting.  I guess trial and error on what I'm not sure of will help figure it out.
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life. I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.--Erma Bombeck

n/a

Carol, we put in the Testing forum so people could play around with the new features and see how it all works. I know the admins had a lot of fun there, so please play around. The Preview button alone is worth it's weight in gold--you can see what your poast will look like before you actually poast it. If it doesn't look right, just close the Preview window and try again. If you can't figure something out, poast a HELP and we'll try to confuse you even more.  

Carol

Thanks, now I know what that is for.  Wasn't quite sure.  I will be sure to try it out.  So far I like the new site.
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life. I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.--Erma Bombeck

Carol

Ok, so far so good, but trying to figure out the adding the image part.  Haven't a clue. Soooooo if you could explain a little more I sure would appreciate it.  Tried it in the testing forum but couldn't figure out how to make it work.

n/a

First of all, the image must be somewhere on the web. Then you can right click on it (if it's not on your own server), select Properties, then highlight the URL and copy it. For example the URL for our forum banner is http://www.poasters.com/images/rahrahl.jpg

Simply enclose that URL in the [img ] [/img ] tags. I added spaces after img so the tags would show up.

Here's an example:http://www.poasters.com/images/rahrahl.jpg" border=0>

Here's what it looked like when I typed it (again with a space added after 'img' so the code will show up: :[img ]http://www.poasters.com/images/rahrahl.jpg[/img ]

Carol

Ok.  I thought that it was for being able to poast a regular picture like I saw a few of on the old site.  Thanks.

n/a

quote:
I thought that it was for being able to poast a regular picture like I saw a few of on the old site.  

Those pictures on the old site were somewhere on the web too. They were inserted basically the same way, though the code was in HTML, which is a little more complicated. HTML shouldwork here too, but in this chat you don't have to know HTML to poast pictures.

Joanie

Another most excellent feature about this Forum.

RahRah

quote:

quote:
I thought that it was for being able to poast a regular picture like I saw a few of on the old site.  

Those pictures on the old site were somewhere on the web too. They were inserted basically the same way, though the code was in HTML, which is a little more complicated. HTML shouldwork here too, but in this chat you don't have to know HTML to poast pictures.

Carol

Thanks.  I think I get it.

Carol

Made it here.  Now I just have to figure it all out.