• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUFFALO

Started by Ace, February 21, 2008, 06:32 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

The birth of "he who shall not be real-ly named", whom came to be called Buffalo, caused the moon to turn black and the frigid winds to blow off the great lake of Pat's while the banshee screeched her mournful wail by the frozen troll road of Michiana

HAPPY BURTHAVERSARY oh great BUFFALOO !

May your boilers heat happily with fahrenheit flames, and your merlot pour freely on this the day to commemorate your arrival and being across the pond.  From here.  I like free wine better than almost any other.

I depend on a lot of people here for sound advice and some firm slapping up on occasion, and I really owe Buff a lot for how he's helped me with problems, mostly of my own making.  And, he'll be sure to tell me so, so for that I find him especially dependable.  Also, no one else poasted a photo of Angelina Jolie for me, so that really puts him at the Pinnacle of Poasters, in my book.

Of course, in my book, I'm featured as the star and superhero.  Scuzzy will play the bad cop, since that's usually the plot twist.  But I'll be the main sleuth and primary character, who figures out the mystery and the smoking mobo and the who done it.  It'll be fiction.

Sorry it's already late in your day, Buff, but that's your fault for living so far away.  It's just dawn here, so we have a whole day of your birthday left.  Hope it's a good one for you, if you're still conscious and haven't knocked back the second bottle yet.

Ace; just for Buff.  And his boiler. 
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Happy B-D, Buff.  I second the sentiments of the " the star and superhero" and 600W powerful one.  Just imagine how much more powerful and graphically amazing he 'd be if it got off the kitchen table!

I wish you a hot shower and toasty toes.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

pat

Happy Birthday, indeed.

Yeah, I don't know where Ace gets that stuff it's actually rather balmy and pleasant out today.

Anyway, have a great day.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Buffalo2102

Aw shucks.  I am flattered and humbled.  Many thanks for the sentiments.

I haven't done anything all day except make the boiler installers tea and coffee.  Couldn't really go out and leave them to their own devices.  Couldn't use the kitchen as that's where the installation is taking place.  No gas for a while anyway.  No electricity or water either for a short period.

I will try and make up for it when they have gone with a good chinese take-away and a merlot "fix".  In a hopefully warm house.

Buff; maybe not though.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Ace

As opposed to "bomby"...  I was referring to the total eclipse of the heart I mean the moon, last night.  What a gyp.  I mean, it was ok at first.. big full bright moon ringed in clouds against a purple blue dark sky.  Then, the creeping shadow like ink, starting from the bottom left.  Watching it stain itself across, which we could actually see out the front window while watching Idol.  To just a sliver of light, on the moon.  Until it moved so far, I'd have to stretch my neck around like Linda Blair excorsizing and gave up.  And then, I went out to see the total eclipse.

What a load of hooey.  Stupid moon was nowhere to be seen.  Just a dumb cold dark night sky over the frozen remains of Michiana.  

Hey, Buff, if you have Chinese food and Merlot you'll be wanting to celebrate another birthday an hour later...

Ace; one of those signs, and portents, I gotta figure.  Bad Moon Rising or something along that line.
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

Happy Birthday, Buffalo! Although I'm sorry to hear that you're living in camping conditions.

I also appreciate that you told Ace that you told him so, and I hope that the tradition continues. Let me know if you need any help in that area, as I too will be happy to tell him that I told him so. And that you told him so.

Scuzzy; chrome-dome.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Mark H

Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.