• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

What's your favorite killer machine(s) movie?

Started by JoeS, March 24, 2008, 15:09 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeS

I started this topic because itââ?¬â?¢s one of my top movie subjects and I was bored.  ;D

My favorite killer machine(s) movies are listed below�

Maximum Overdrive by Steven King in 1986

Trucks by some person 1997

Killdozer by an some person in 1974, but was based on a comic book series by Theodore Sturgeon

These movies I like for the action (and sometimes explosions). I�ll give information about the machines in these movies upon request. I�ll even show pictures of them too.

JoeS

Ace

Hey JoeS; this is Ace(s).  I'm off this week, but that sounded like an interesting review so thought I'd offer my thoughts on killing machine movies.

I guess my favorite was the news footage of Scuzzy's car upside down; that's a killer machine, as Queen would sing.  I liked the Wood Chipper in Fargo.  Also, the giant big eye blaster thingies in War of the Worlds.  And, Tom Cruise's Mustang in that.

The Elevator in "The Omen."  If a big ship is a "machine" then Titanic.  If it isn't, then the ice cube maker they used in the Atlantic. 

For a simple machine, like this forum, the well from "The Ring."  I forget what the killer truck movie was with Dennis Weaver, too.  That guy sure did tailgate.

ace; and the Trojan Rabbit from "Monty Python and The Holy Grail."

Ring bells for service.

JimS

Sometimes Linda thinks my 1995 Ford Taurus is a killing machine, especially when I'm driving it.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this car, except for the hole in the right front floor (from her stepping on the imaginary brake pedal).

Joe, go walk the dog.
"I shall pass through this world but once.  Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet

Ace

Hey; just came to me.  Killer Machines = Terminator movies.  And RoboCop.  At least the first one; the second was so laughably bad they should burn it to disk.  Then throw those away.

With a 94 Sable and a 99 Taurus, we've got those covered.  Good thing is the Sable only has 7,000 miles on it.

Ace; now.
Ring bells for service.

JoeS

Hey Ace,

You mentioned something about Dennis Weaver in a killer truck movie. Well its not like the movie was called ââ?¬Å?Duelââ?¬Â and the killer truck was a 1955 Peterbilt or anything like that.    ;D

JoeS

Ace

It's not..?  Shoot, then I have no idea what it was.

Ace; I hate emoticons.  >:(
Ring bells for service.

JimS

Ace, you have a 14 year-old Sable with only 7,000 miles on it?  How did you manage that?  Has the speedometer cable been disconnected for 13 years?

It must be in nice shape.  Keep it clean and the milage low and it'll begin appreciating in 10 - 15 years.  I have a '57 Chevy that was purchased by my grandfather.  It was left to my father, and when he passed, it went to me.  Joe has already claimed it, although if I have my way, it'll be a l-o-n-g time before he gets it.
"I shall pass through this world but once.  Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet

Ace

Well, yes.  Now. When I look at it, it reads "7,000" some miles.  I wish my odometer would turn over.

It had 64,000 when we bought it, in 2001.  Traded in (gave away) a Topaz that I had Bondo-ed into solid form.  Had to rev it up in Neutral, at lights, to keep it from dying...  Should have let it.

If I would've videotaped it, that could have been another Killer Machine movie.  "War Games" was another Killer Machine movie; anything with computers running amok scares me.

Ace; like this place.
Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

I think Yul Brynner was my favourite killer machine.  In Westworld.  Those freaky eyes did it for me.  He was the original terminator.

Buff; the original face/off too.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Ace

I forgot all about "Westworld."  That was a'ight.  Anthony Hopkins' dummy in "Magic" was bothersome, too. 

I've actually never watched "Christine" or "Cujo" so I can't comment on the machinery in those.  I don't much like the tanks in Call of Duty 2 or 4, just since it's hard to run up and plant C4 and not get run over yourself, and it's hard to find an RPG when you need one. 

ace; I wish I could remember the name of that Duel movie.
Ring bells for service.

Mark H

Killer machine movies are awesome.

I like "I, Robot" and Star Wars (Darth Vader is a machine). The Terminator movies are good as well, but I always liked "Christine" by Steven King.

Mark H; The deathstar was a killer machine too.
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.