• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Computer is crashing

Started by LugwidVanB, August 02, 2009, 13:45 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

LugwidVanB

I was trying to do something about the video problem and possible made some changes that were not good. Problem is I can�t remember exactly what I did. I usually don�t change settings I don�t know what I�m doing but I may have did something this time. The computer is crashing and is doing so more and more after about 5 minutes after boot up, or or off the net. A big screen comes on that says:

Problem detected and windows shut down to prevent damage to the computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Check to see if hardware or software is properly installed. Disable or remove hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory  options such as chaching or shadowning.

Dump of physical memory beginning.

Anyone know what this is and maybe how to prevent the crashes. Thanks,

Tom

Bill

Tom-

See if you can boot into safe mode using F8 during restart.
If you can, go into control panel>system>device manager and see what if anything is highlighted.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

pat

Is there a stop error message displayed with that?
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Mark H

You can go into safe mode as Bill suggested and try to do a restore point:

1. Start menu
2. Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools-->System Restore
3. Choose the last restore date prior to your driver problem.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

LugwidVanB

I'm responding from another computer. I did the restore but went back too far. It didnt have firefox and I still can't connect with ie. I dl firefox and sent it to my computer and will try to install it. Thanks

Bill

Tom,
you should be able to do another restore, the same way, from a later date.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

LugwidVanB

Thanks Bill. When I couldn't get firefox to work I unwisely reinstalled xp. Not a new install but the upgrade selection. It apparently erased all restore points since the only one listed was the same time as the install. At any rate, I dl mozilla from another computer, installed it then installed drivers from the nvidia cd. I am now able to connect to the net both with ie 6 (which apparently got reinstalled) and firefox. I also dl the video display driver and that is installed so everything is back to normal. No yellow ? marks in device manager. The computer isn't crashing at the moment and hope that has been fixed. I haven't tried youtube videos but if they don't work I will be very careful this time not to make any changes I'm not 100% sure of. That has always been my rule but I violated it and it cost me. Thanks for all your support. This site is invaluable.

Tom

Bill

I'm glad you got it sorted out. 

Bill