• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Superior Woodworking Tools?

Started by Whizbang, September 28, 2007, 11:14 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

If Festool saws are as good as the Quicktime video ads, they are worth the extremely high price.  I have never seen handheld tools that can do what this line of tools seem to be able to accomplish.  Take a look at the Quicktime videos.  The Media Player versions were duds, but QT was excellent.  I almost drooled over the results, although I still like the traditional stationary setup when possible.  The Festool allows for jobsite setup of precision tools where limited space and accessibility are factors.  The plunge circular saw is really slick, and very expensive at over $500.00.  It does use a template guide, however, that is also a precision work of art.

EDIT: Broken link repaired by Scuzzy

Ace

I think I'd be a little wary of someone drooling, while operating saws and other power tools...  Especially if they also were wearing a hockey mask at the time.  Although it at least might help to keep the wood dry.

Ace; I'm lucky to be allowed near a hammer, or screwdriver.  And certainly not an electric hammer.
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

I'm gonna order the whole shebang, as soon as I get a couple of extra bucks.

Scuzzy; Looks like that thing can make a straight cut out of Ace.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Whizbang

Unfortunately, the videos are now inactive, and have been for the last twelve hours.  Bummer.   :P

JimS

As usual, I'm late to the party...

I have one of these; it works really well, and is FAR more affordable than the Festool.  It's best if you have a circular saw you can dedicate for this use because there's a guide plate that is fastened to the sole plate of the saw, but if not, you still can use the saw with the guide plate attached for regular freehand sawing.  The inventor/owner, Dino, is very approachable and helpful.

http://www.eurekazone.com/

"I shall pass through this world but once.  Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet