• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Good bye

Started by Andrew S, May 07, 2004, 20:55 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew S

Mark H

I hope everything works out for you and you are able to return to Poasters. We will miss you while you are gone.
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Neon

Well that's pretty vague and mysterious, which I am sure will provoke pages of speculation. ::) Anyway, I hope the stuff in your lap and flung by the fan gets cleaned up, and you can return.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Igloo

i hope you can return soon too.....

there will always b a place here for you... for anyone!
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Ace

Well then, I'm leaving too.  Even though I just got back.

No; hold it.  We don't want another flurry of haikus, especially about pandas.  Hope you can get things straightened out and return soon, Andrew.  Let me and us know if we can help.

Poasters is greater than the sum of its parts.  Every cog in the chain is important.  We are only as strong as our weakest link.  Well, me, mostly.  That's all the cliches I can think of at the moment.  Whenever one or more of us is gathered in our name, there is Poast.

Poast be with you, and hope to see you here soon.

Ace; mostly, I didn't want to have to pack again.

Ring bells for service.

trav

Quote from: Ace on May 08, 2004, 06:53 hrs
Poasters is greater than the sum of its parts.  Every cog in the chain is important.  We are only as strong as our weakest link.  Well, me, mostly.  That's all the cliches I can think of at the moment.  Whenever one or more of us is gathered in our name, there is Poast.

Poast be with you, and hope to see you here soon.

Yeah! :D
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

pat

Andrew,
Sorry to hear you?ve had some sort of difficulty cross you?re path.
Good luck with that.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Nestor

We've all had difficulties, be it a death in the family, divorce, big moves of all and sundry, or even the smaller ones, but no less important: sickness, family pets lost/dead, injured or ill children.

Wahtever the problem, I wish you luck.
AMD 3200+ KT-6 Delta, 120GB WD HDD, 160GB WD HDD, (4) 300GB Seagate SATA HDD NVidia 6800FX (256MB) 1GB PC3200 Mushkin RAM

Andrew S

Mark H

Wow Andrew! I sure hope you have a speedy recovery. There are definitely things that are more important than this forum and one of them is your health.

I look forward to hearing about your recovery.

pat

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Whizbang

Man, by all means take it as easy as possible.  Thanks for telling us.

Andrew S

iansl

I echo what everyone else above said: best wishes and by all means take it easy!
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone

scuzzy

Andrew,

I'm very sorry to hear of your misfortune. I too wish a very speedy recovery for you. Hang in there. Poasters isn't going anywhere, and we look forward to your full recovery.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Carol

Andrew,

Really sorry to hear about all the health issues.  Take it easy and do what you need to regain your health.  Wishing you a speedy full recovery.

Carol
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life. I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.--Erma Bombeck

Nestor

Wow. I mean, WOW. :o

I have no idea what to say to that. Good luck... I imagine you're typing one-handed when you poast, so go ahead and take time off. You got my permission. ;D

Best wishes and here's to a speedy recovery.
AMD 3200+ KT-6 Delta, 120GB WD HDD, 160GB WD HDD, (4) 300GB Seagate SATA HDD NVidia 6800FX (256MB) 1GB PC3200 Mushkin RAM

Neon

Sorry about the accident Andrew, and I hope the harness company is taking care of your needs. Get well.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

saoirse

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Andrew.

saoirse

Chandler

Get well soon, Andrew.

Andrew S

ok, i suppose i'm back,.. quicker then i thought, but, everything is ok now except the arm , all else seems ok

Mark H

I am curious why you deleted the text from your original two messages? ??? ???

Glad you are feeling better! :)

Ace

Oh, Geez Criminy.

What the heck was that.

Cheese Louise, I thought I had a quick recovery.. and it took me all of a week, and a resurrection on

well, resurrection day.  You get away with a couple "." and you're back in black, in a matter of minutes.  

Show off.  You get probably twice as many heartfelt wishes, but not many haikus, and you're in like Flint.

Ok. That goes back aways.  Probably going to get confused with Fred, and Barney.  And Wilma.

I am glad you're back, though, if you are.  There aren't enough people poasting with that photo, and we need you here.  Really.

Typing one handed; I don't see the big deal.  Half the time I'm poasting one handed, or half of each hand, or no brained and all-handed.  It's not a problem.  I could probably use my feet, but why bother.  

I hope the harness company is ok, whatever that means.  Maybe you've entered competition as a racing horse.  I don't know.  If so, I wish you luck, and hope for the best at Pimlico.  Although I don't think harness racers run there.  Dude had a support fall off when he ran, so maybe you'll have the same luck.  If you run on your arms.  

Don't laugh.  You know there's been an arms race...

I nominate Andrew S for Quickest Departure and Return In The History of Poasters.  Congratulations.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Ace; maybe I could leave for a minute, and come back... I could win this.  I know I can.
Ring bells for service.

Andrew S

Well, seems that everything was taken care of rather quickly, and i didnt want anyone who hasnt been reading this to all of a sudden pop in a worry, so, i figured if i cant delete the topic, i'd delete the text, so there would be no more worrying

Andrew S

iansl

Well, you could just put a huge thing at the top of each older poast (A is for Ace) that says OUTDATED or something. I don't know. I think it just looks stupid with everyone replying to nothing.

But I hope your arm gets better. A one-handed show is when you get caught one-handed...let me try this again...

You got caught redhanded and poasted onehanded...

Yeah. That sounds good. Maybe goof, but good nonetheless.
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

Ace

Ok.  Good enough.  The sound of one hand clapping.

Let's do this; I'll replace every previous poast with:

,,,,, in memory of Bubba
.     in memory of Andrew

HELP!!!!! in memory of every panicked noob who poasted some frightening easily fixable problem   like
"MY COMPUTER IS FROZEN WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!!!????"
get it outta the freezer you maroon

The Haiku pattern, used in every Farewell to Ace Ode poast before it's frozen and lost

;D anything by Travis

deleted     most things by Wade

"I look like this... eat baloney"  most things by Scuzzy

REMEMBER THE AMALO  anything by Neon or other Texans

Ace; I'm not signing this.  Most things by JA.

Ring bells for service.

trav

"Ace;" Anything by Ace

:D :D :D :D
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

iansl

It's ALAMO, not AMALO, Ace. And I haven't seen any bit of Neon in Texas, where i live, at least. He could be elsewhere, of course. This state is huge, man.

Andrew S is back
He deleted all his poasts
That were outdated

aka 575

Igloo

i never got to see the messages... and i really wanted to know what was up.... i replied above and wanted to know what has happened.. i have been really busy so i didnt get to read them.... but they were deleted.....  :(

igloo
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400