• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Ain't gonna build a computer...

Started by Llhweiir, October 07, 2004, 02:38 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Llhweiir

... since I do not have the skills for it.

However, I am thinking of getting myself a new retail computer, and perhaps exchange a few parts. I am currently running a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P3 1000 Mhz, and I am very pleased with it, so I thin kI?ll stick with Fujitsu Siemens.

This is what I have in mind - please have in mind that the technical terms have been translated directly from swedish so it may not be fully correct.

Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo T P4 530

Intel Pentium 4 HT 530 (3000 MHz)
512 MB internal memory
200 GB hardrive
17 inches CRT-screen
10/100 Mbit network-card
DVD-burner +R/+RW/-R/-RW double layer
56K V90 modem  
VGA X600 Pro-4 graphic-card with 256 MB memory
6-in-1 memory-card-reader
PCI TV-tuner card and remote
Windows XP HE

Is there anything of this that you would exchange right away - or does it seem to be a reasonable good computer?

Carskick

Looks like a great system for almost any task.
Athlon64 X2 3800+ Machester@2.45Ghz, 4x1GB A-DATA PC3200@204(2.5-3-3-6), XFX 8800GT, ASUS A8N5X NF4, Antec 300 case, Antec EarthWatts 650w, 640GB 16MB and 200GB 8MB 7200RPM SATA WD HDDs, NEC3540, NEC3550, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate<br />Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/Carskick

Llhweiir

Perhaps I should point out that am mostly curious about the graphic card - is it OK, or should I exchange it?

Buffalo2102

The graphics card is OK.

I believe that the X600 is a PCI Express card.  There aren't that many PCI Express cards out there a the moment as the PCIe interface is a bit ahead of it's time and none of the current software/applications can use it to it's full potential.  In a benchmark test at the moment, the card would perform somewhere just above that of a 9600 Pro.  However, the X600 is going to be pretty future-proof (hardware-wise) and there is not much else out there that you could swap it with anyway.  You could go for a X800, but that would be about $200 extra.

It's up to you really - pay extra now for something that you don't really need yet or wait and upgrade later when there is greater choice.  NVidia are producing PCIe cards as well now and I wouldn't be surprised to see prices coming down a little more soon.

There is a review here http://reviews.pimprig.com/video_cards/sapphiretech_x600_pro_vivo.php
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

halokid

as much  as i hate spaming, wait for the 6600gt
youll prolly get twice a smuch performence

Andrew S

Mark H

The graphics card is a newer generation card from the 9800 pro and should perform fine.
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Llhweiir

Thanks a lot for your answers!  :)